Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hexadecimal increment using shell script Post 302589346 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 11:10:49 AM
Old 01-11-2012
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

incr=3
while read val
do
   echo "obase=ibase=16;${val}+${incr}" |bc
done < lun.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script for nums in Hexadecimal base

Hi: I´ve developed a script that count in decimal base. this is a example: ini=0 end=0 ini=$1 end=`expr $2+1` i=$ini while do .. .. i=`expr $i+1` done Could you say me how dou you count in hexadecimal base? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlvaroD
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script To increment Date*HElp***

Hi, I want to increment date, using Shell Script, a loop to add one day after 24hrs. :confused: Cheers Kunal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to convert number in hexadecimal

hi , i need a script to convert number into hexadecimal base for example: 237=>ED it s very important for me thank you in advance for you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date in script

Hi, Iam new to scripting language.:o can someone help me out solving this thread?hopingly ya....:) I want to write a script which connects to db and searches the count in a table which has date column and id column. If the count is not equal to 0 then it should increment the date with the one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for a script to increment time in hh:mm:ss format

hi all, I need help for incrementing time in hh:mm:ss format like for example : when i have a values like 02:07:16 I want to increment this value with 5 secs till it reaches a condition. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitha87
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008)

Hi, I have the following requirement. There will be following text/line in a file (eg: search-build.txt) PRODUCT_VERSION="V:01.002.007.Build1234" I need to update the incremental build number (eg here 007) every time I give a build through script. I am able to search the string and get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drwatson_droid
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

6-digit hexadecimal ID in shell

Hi, i tried to do this script: Generate a "unique" 6-digit hexadecimal identifier for your computer. Do not use the flawed hostid command. Hint: md5sum /etc/passwd, then select the first 6 digits of output. Fom 0 to 9 and from a to f #!/bin/bash clear echo "" echo "--------------------"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jose2802
4 Replies
local(n)							    [incr Tcl]								  local(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
local - create an object local to a procedure SYNOPSIS
itcl::local className objName ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The local command creates an [incr Tcl] object that is local to the current call frame. When the call frame goes away, the object is auto- matically deleted. This command is useful for creating objects that are local to a procedure. As a side effect, this command creates a variable named "itcl-local-xxx", where xxx is the name of the object that is created. This vari- able detects when the call frame is destroyed and automatically deletes the associated object. EXAMPLE
In the following example, a simple "counter" object is used within the procedure "test". The counter is created as a local object, so it is automatically deleted each time the procedure exits. The puts statements included in the constructor/destructor show the object coming and going as the procedure is called. itcl::class counter { private variable count 0 constructor {} { puts "created: $this" } destructor { puts "deleted: $this" } method bump {{by 1}} { incr count $by } method get {} { return $count } } proc test {val} { local counter x for {set i 0} {$i < $val} {incr i} { x bump } return [x get] } set result [test 5] puts "test: $result" set result [test 10] puts "test: $result" puts "objects: [itcl::find objects *]" KEYWORDS
class, object, procedure itcl local(n)