Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk with Find and play using Space Post 302588731 by balajesuri on Monday 9th of January 2012 11:25:42 PM
Old 01-10-2012
Instead of printing required fields, why not delete the ones not required?

Code:
awk '{$1=$2=$3=$4=""; print}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `find *` breakdown since the directory name has space

hey, somebody can help me on this broken script? for i in `find . -name index.html`;do echo "$i" awk '{print $0}' $i done the path to index.html has space in it. For example, ./10 October/index.html then echo "$i" will gives two lines instead of one: ./10 October/index.html how do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to find space and tab.

Wants to print line when there exist leading or trailing space or tab in fields 2,3 and 5 The below code prints all lines in file even if they dont have leading and trailing space or tab. nawk -F"|" '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ($i ~ "^*" || $i ~ "*$")}}1' file file Ouput required: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the free space of a particular directory

Hi Guys, I want to find the free space of a particular directory,, Regards, Magesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the folder with space in name.

A solaris server with SAMBA share folder. The PC users created many folders with space on it, I want to find them out, but not list its subfolders. For example, I have below folders Copy of ABC/efg/xy sa/Test again/xyt If I use command: find . -type d |grep " " I will list 6 folders, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file with space and cksum

find . -type f | xargs cksum this command is failing for the files which has a space in between them any quick solution ? preferably one liner (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Help to Find out Available disk space

I need to find available disk space for /home. $ df /home Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mahhh/VolGroup11-LogVol00 32281452 45028 26034172 15% / $df /home |tail -1| awk '{print $4}' 15% The above result shows the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu_1
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find used space on RAW device?

Hi, I'm trying to find out how to see used space on RAW device. I tried with prtvtoc -f RAWdevice but for 3 different device I'm getting the same FREE_SIZE which look a bit impossible. root@zg8cscfb1> prtvtoc -f /dev/md/redodg/rdsk/d300 FREE_START=0 FREE_SIZE=20352 FREE_COUNT=1 FREE_PART=... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarioT
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/sed to play on calender

Hello Awk'inas/Sed'ers; This is keep ringing on my mind for a while, onto play in calender with awk or sed :cool:. Given a date, month and Year would like to find out the day corresponding to it. Am still a noob on awk and sed, hence would like to learn it from your responses. Here it is;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to remove leading space from awk statement space from calculation

I created a awk state to calculate the number of success however when the query runs it has a leading zero. Any ideas on how to remove the leading zero from the calculation? Here is my query: cat myfile.log | grep | awk '{print $2,$3,$7,$11,$15,$19,$23,$27,$31,$35($19/$15*100)}' 02:00:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizomb
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find File with space

Hello All, I have path /allcode/mainld/process/recenttmp where I get many type of file from other platforms. so in UNIX I need to process all file present in this location. but I don't want to process files with the space and delete them. Please provide your suggestion. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar30213
7 Replies
REVCOMP(1)						      General Commands Manual							REVCOMP(1)

NAME
revcomp - reverse complement a nucleic acid sequence SYNOPSIS
revcomp [-options] <seqfile> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the revcomp command. revcomp is a program that generates reverse complement of sequences. OPTIONS
Available options: -h Help; print version and usage info. SEE ALSO
afetch(1), alistat(1), compalign(1), compstruct(1), seqsplit(1), seqstat(1), sfetch(1), shuffle(1), sindex(1), sreformat(1), stranslate(1), weight(1). AUTHOR
Sean Eddy HHMI/Department of Genetics Washington University School of Medicine 4444 Forest Park Blvd., Box 8510 St Louis, MO 63108 USA Phone: 1-314-362-7666 FAX : 1-314-362-2157 Email: eddy@genetics.wustl.edu This manual page was written by Nelson A. de Oliveira <naoliv@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:28:08 -0300 REVCOMP(1)