Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find with prune option help needed Post 302586915 by birei on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 03:58:17 PM
Old 01-03-2012
Hi gary_w,

As I understand, the option you are looking for is:
Code:
-maxdepth 1

which doesn't descend into directories.

Substitute '-prune' with '-maxdepth 1', and an absolute path doesn't mind.

Regards,
Birei
This User Gave Thanks to birei For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding files using prune option

Hi All, I am trying to find files in a directory and don't want to search in the sub directories and using the command find . \( ! -name . -prune \) -mtime +1 -name '*.log' and is working fine. But when I am trying with absolute path then is not working like find /home/subodh \( ! -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.sharma
1 Replies

2. Solaris

correct usage of find's -prune option

I know one of the more seasoned veterans probably opened this thread looking for their chance to refer me to the site's search feature and let me tell you. I'VE LOOKED!!!! And I didn't find anything helpful... So, I've got a windows background and I'm fond of its search feature which comes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
6 Replies

3. Linux

doubt in -prune option

i want to find only the file t4 in directory t3. i am in dir t . the tree is as follows. if i give, find . o/p is . ./t4 ./t1 ./t1/t2 ./t1/t2/t3 ./t1/t2/t3/t4 ./t1/t2/t4 ./t1/t4 directories are like t/t1/t2/t3 and each directory has file t4. my question is , i want to find file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me out with find command , -prune option

Hi , Kindly help me out .:) i want to find only the file t4 in directory t3. i am in dir t . the tree is as follows. if i give, find . o/p is . ./t4 ./t1 ./t1/t2 ./t1/t2/t3 ./t1/t2/t3/t4 ./t1/t2/t4 ./t1/t4 directories are like t/t1/t2/t3 and each directory has file t4. my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with prune option

Hi, I want to list files only from the current dir and its child dir (not from child's child dir). i have the following files, ./ABC/1.log ./ABC/2.log ./ABC/ABC1/A.log ./ABC/ABC1/B.log ./ABC/ABC1/XYZ/A1.log ./ABC/ABC1/XYZ/A2.log Here i want to list only the log file from current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with find command and prune option

Hi I have a directory say mydir and inside it there are many files and subdirectories and also a directory called lost+found owned by root user I want to print all files directories and subdirectorres from my directory using find command except lost+found If i do find . \( -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX find command using prune option

Hi, I am trying to find some files in a directory and then remove/list them if they are 30 days old. I also have 2 directories in that directory which I need to skip. Can someone please tell me what is the correct syntax? find /developer/. -name "lost+found" "projects" -prune -o -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkhan9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using prune with find

Hi, I have two files under two separate directories as in: find . -name test.sh ./test.sh ./abc/test.sh I want my find to only look for the file test.sh that is under the current directory and not one under /abc How do I use prune to achieve this? I am on AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Prune Option for Find Command on AIX

I need to delete all files from the working directory and its sub directories using the find command, for that I am using -prune option but some how I am having a syntax issue. I have tried the below, please help me correct the syntax find . -name \* -type f -exec rm -f {} \; >> Works but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
4 Replies
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic - The "generic" glyph SYNOPSIS
See L<Bio::Graphics::Panel> and L<Bio::Graphics::Glyph>. DESCRIPTION
This is identical to the "box" glyph except that it will draw the subparts of features that contain subfeatures. The subparts are not connected -- use the "segments" glyph for that. "Generic" is the default glyph used when not otherwise specified. METHODS This module overrides the maxdepth() method to return 0 unless the -maxdepth option is provided explicitly. This means that any module that inherits from generic will need to override maxdepth() again in order to draw subfeatures. In general, those implementing multi-segmented feature glyphs should inherit from Bio::Graphics::Glyph::segments, which allows for one level of descent. In addition, the following new methods are implemented: labelfont(), descfont(), labelwidth(), descriptionwidth() Return the font, width for the label or description. label() Return the glyph label text (printed above the glyph). description() Return the glyph description text (printed below the glyph). draw_translation() Draw the protein translation of the feature (assumes that the feature is attached to a DNA sequence). draw_sequence() Draw the sequence of the feature (either DNA or protein). OPTIONS The following options are standard among all Glyphs. See Bio::Graphics::Glyph for a full explanation. Option Description Default ------ ----------- ------- -fgcolor Foreground color black -bgcolor Background color turquoise -fillcolor Synonym for -bgcolor -linewidth Line width 1 -height Height of glyph 10 -font Default font gdSmallFont -label_font Font used for label gdSmallFont -desc_font Font used for description gdSmallFont -connector Connector type 0 (false) -connector_color Connector color black -pad_top Top padding 0 -pad_bottom Bottom padding 0 -label Whether to draw a label 0 (false) -label_position Where to draw the label "top" (default) or "left" -description Whether to draw a description 0 (false) -strand_arrow Whether to indicate 0 (false) strandedness -hilite Highlight color undef (no color) -draw_dna If true, draw the dna residues 0 (false) when magnification level allows. -canonical_strand If true, draw the dna residues 0 (false) as they appear on the plus strand even if the feature is on the minus strand. -pad_top and -pad_bottom allow you to insert some blank space between the glyph's boundary and its contents. This is useful if you are changing the glyph's height dynamically based on its feature's score. BUGS
Please report them. SEE ALSO
Bio::Graphics::Panel, Bio::Graphics::Glyph, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::cds, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::crossbox, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::diamond, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dot, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ellipse, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::extending_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::graded_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heterogeneous_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::line, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::pinsertion, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::primers, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::rndrect, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ruler_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::toomany, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript2, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::translation, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::triangle, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::xyplot, Bio::DB::GFF, Bio::SeqI, Bio::SeqFeatureI, Bio::Das, GD AUTHOR
Allen Day <day@cshl.org>, Lincoln Stein <lincoln.stein@gmail.com> Copyright (c) 2001 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Copyright (c) 2010 Ontario Institute for Cancer Research This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-20 Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic(3pm)