Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Remove a package forcibly in HPUX Post 302585982 by snreddy_gopu on Thursday 29th of December 2011 11:54:44 PM
Old 12-30-2011
Remove a package forcibly in HPUX

In HPUX, I want remove a package forcibly on which some other packages are depended.

On Linux following command is used to remove a package forcibly.
Code:
rpm -e package_name --nodeps

I want the samething in HPUX through swremove command.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Add/Remove package in RHEL 5 !

Friends , I cannot upgrade or add any package in RHEL 5 using 'package manager' GUI tools . When I run the 'package manager' tool then in BROWSE tab , it shows nothing . I try it inserting the RHEL5 DVD in the DVD-Rom . But the condition is the same . Would anybody plz tell me , How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Remove cluster package

Hi, Is there an easy way to remove a cluster/meta cluster package (along with all the packages contained in the cluster package) in Solaris 10 ? I'm new to Solaris. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agn
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove version numbers from package lists

I just upgraded my laptop from Fedora 13 to 14, and normally, before I do the upgrade (Fresh install) I run an rpm command to make a list of all the packages I have installed, but without the version and architectures specified, so that I can just feed that list to yum after the upgrade to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tsuroerusu
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

6. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

I can't remove rpm package

Hello!, I can't remove a rpm package with rpm -e net-snmp Nothing happened, and the process returns D status when i see with ps aux | grep rpm. When i say "Nothing Happened", the terminal don't return any message, and not remove the package. What can I do to remove? Ps: I work with Red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Douglas Ramalho
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to remove package in Solaris-10

I am installing a IBM package (ILMT) on Solaris-10 box, which is having few non global zones. It is not allowing me to remove old package and not allowing me to install new one. root@pqdb_s50:/root# pkgrm ILMT-TAD4D-agent ## Waiting for up to <300> seconds for package administration commands to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
18 Replies
DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)

NAME
dh_installemacsen - register an Emacs add on package SYNOPSIS
dh_installemacsen [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [--flavor=foo] DESCRIPTION
dh_installemacsen is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian emacsen-common package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the preinst postinst and prerm commands needed to register a package as an Emacs add on package. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how this works. FILES
debian/package.emacsen-compat Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/compat/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-install Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-remove Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/remove/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-startup Installed into etc/emacs/site-start.d/50package.el in the package build directory. Use --priority to use a different priority than 50. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. --priority=n Sets the priority number of a site-start.d file. Default is 50. --flavor=foo Sets the flavor a site-start.d file will be installed in. Default is emacs, alternatives include xemacs and emacs20. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) "usr/share/doc/emacsen-common/debian-emacs-policy.gz" This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)