Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problems compiling openldap
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat problems compiling openldap Post 302585436 by binlib on Wednesday 28th of December 2011 11:07:55 AM
Old 12-28-2011
Did you install the dev package or just the run time? The dev component provides the header files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Purify and AIX compiling problems.

Hi, i'm trying to work with a trial version of PurifyPlus 7 with fixpack 10 from Rational that needs to run over an AIX 5.3 platform, 64-bit. I had success on compiling and running the hello_world programs and even a hash test program i found over the net, but purify can achieve the same with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispav
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Need OpenLDAP Help

Hi, all: I'm studying for the RHCE and have hit the section on configuring an OpenLDAP client. I'd like to practice this, but I can't get an OpenLDAP server set up. I followed the directions in RedHat's Deployment Guide, and it looks like the server is up and running, but I can't get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
0 Replies

3. Programming

Problems compiling OpenStep program.

I use Ubuntu 10.4, and I installed GNUStep, Gorm (a gui builder) and ProjectCenter (the GNU alternative to Xcode) because I want to develop Objective-C apps. I opened the ProjectCenter and I created an application that displays only an empty window. I sourced the GNUstep.sh and I compiled the app. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Openldap configuration

I m using Intel solaris 10 version . I m trying to install openldap and used several documents and package versions . But every time I got CC PATH error and while I solved the CC issue , I got Barkley DB error . :wall: Is there any perticular site from where I can install and configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjee
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenLDAP and Solaris10 problems

Hi All, I have configured OpenLDAP sucessfully and set following results indicating that the user is loaded on the LDAP database test5:/ $ cat /etc/passwd | grep admin777 test5:/ $ getent passwd admin777 admin777:x:5011:1000::/:/bin/bash test5:/ $ id admin777 uid=5011(admin777)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esawyja
0 Replies

6. Solaris

OpenLdap and Solaris10 problems

Hi All, I have configured OpenLDAP sucessfully and set following results indicating that the user is loaded on the LDAP database test5:/ $ cat /etc/passwd | grep admin777 test5:/ $ getent passwd admin777 admin777:x:5011:1000::/:/bin/bash test5:/ $ id admin777 uid=5011(admin777)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esawyja
5 Replies

7. Programming

Problems compiling code

I am trying to compile some code and getting lot of errors g++ -traditional -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -O3 -DNDEBUG -DREAL=float -DGetREAL=Getfloat -IbaseLib -Itommy -Iothers ./source/main/RayTrac.cc -o raytrac ./source/main/RayTrac.cc:36:20: error: gendef.h: No such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems compiling with Makefile

Hey guys! To avoid :wall: for another 5 hours, I'm posting here to hopefully resolve this silly issue once and for all. I'd appreciate if you could simply provide the full makefile I should use, and then explain what does what. I've been studying dissected examples for hours now and none of it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liandri
3 Replies

9. SuSE

Problem compiling the kernel and linking problems in OpenSuse 12.3

Hi everyone I installed OpenSuse 12.3 and many development tools but when i propose build the kernel from the source (the first step make menuconfig) i saw this: HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/mconf /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: warning: libdl.so.2,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacesado
2 Replies
mkdevmaps(1M)                                             System Administration Commands                                             mkdevmaps(1M)

NAME
mkdevmaps - make device_maps entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkdevmaps DESCRIPTION
The mkdevmaps command writes to standard out a set of device_maps(4) entries describing the system's frame buffer, audio, and removable media devices. The mkdevmaps command is used by the init.d(4) scripts to create or update the /etc/security/device_maps file. Entries are generated based on the device special files found in /dev. For the different categories of devices, the mkdevmaps command checks for the following files under /dev: audio /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl, /dev/sound/... tape /dev/rst*, /dev/nrst*, /dev/rmt/... floppy /dev/diskette, /dev/fd*, /dev/rdiskette, /dev/rfd* removable disk /dev/dsk/c0t?d0s?, /dev/rdsk/c0t?d0s? frame buffer /dev/fb ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
mkdevmaps might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris operating system. SunOS 5.10 8 Oct 2003 mkdevmaps(1M)