Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Securing AIX
Operating Systems AIX Securing AIX Post 302584028 by zxmaus on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 02:40:05 AM
Old 12-22-2011
used for what ?

there are plenty of default network services that you can disable when you do not need them - I do not know your requirements - in most companies I worked for, we disabled pretty much all of these: shell, kshell, login, klogin, exec, tftp, rwalld, sprayd, echo, discard, chargen, daytime, time

You might want to have a look here
Regards
zxmaus

Last edited by zxmaus; 12-22-2011 at 03:55 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

securing a remote box

someone has access to my server... I've got a solaris 7 box with remote access only. many of the services don't have passwords and someone recently messed with the shadow file -the root: line was changed: . password field was changed to NP . the number after that was changed too The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Securing arguments

OK here is my problem. Ive been trying to write a script where i use the order "find". For example if i wont to find some file in the sql_work directory using the script. You use the command: loc sql_work "q*" in order to find all the queries in the directory. Is there any other way to do it,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
0 Replies

3. AIX

securing a shell

I would like to secure a shell script from being broken out of with Ctrl-C or equivalent. Once a user logs in, he should not be able to exit to the command prompt. any ideas. Thank you J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Securing Passwords

Hi All, I'd like to give you an example of what I am trying to achieve and perhaps you might be able to help me along. I would like to add the following criteria to new servers, from a password aging and lockout standpoint. -Number of failed logins before lockout: = 5 -Number of Passwords... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkono
1 Replies

5. Linux

Securing remote connections

Hi all, I have a couple of questions I've been searching on internet but I didn't find a suitable solution. The aim is that I'd like to access to my home Linux (an 8.04 Ubuntu) from outside. I already achieved with ssh, but I'd like to secure as much as I can. These are questions: The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

securing AIX box

Guys, i want to securing AIX after install by scrath. Is anybody can inform about the standard port which used by AIX? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: michlix
0 Replies

7. AIX

Securing AIX - Hardening Lesson 101

Every now and then I google: SecuringAIX (I write a blog by that name, so I am curious where it stands - and to my dismay I did not make the top5 today from my current location. However, this unix.com/aix thread did make the top5- and, imho, it is lacking in clarity and ease. So, I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
3 Replies
rpc.sprayd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    rpc.sprayd(1M)

NAME
rpc.sprayd, sprayd - spray server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/netsvc/spray/rpc.sprayd DESCRIPTION
rpc.sprayd is a server that records the packets sent by spray(1M). The rpc.sprayd daemon may be started by inetd(1M) or listen(1M). The service provided by rpc.sprayd is not useful as a networking benchmark as it uses unreliable connectionless transports, (udp for exam- ple). It can report a large number of packets dropped when the drops were caused by the program sending packets faster than they can be buffered locally (before the packets get to the network medium). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M) listen(1M), pmadm(1M), sacadm(1M), spray(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The rpc.sprayd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rpc/spray:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 4 Nov 2004 rpc.sprayd(1M)