Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using dynamic arrays to extract the values Post 302582700 by sanjaydubey2006 on Saturday 17th of December 2011 05:44:56 AM
Old 12-17-2011
THIS WAS INDEED HELPFUL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic variable values

Bit of a newbie :D with regard to unix scripting and need some advice. Hopefully someone can help with the following: I have a predefined set of variables as follows: AAA_IP_ADD=1.1.1.1 BBB_IP_ADD=2.2.2.2 I have a funnction call which retrieves a value into $SUPPLIER which would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronnie_uk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting dynamic values

Hi, I am stuck with extracting values by combining 2 dynamically extracted values. The code goes like this #!/usr/bin/ksh ID1="abcd" i=1 #this is a dynamic value and keeps on changing b="ID" #this is static now i want the value of ID1 variable. like echo $b$i But echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaitanyapn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing values in arrays using shell

Friends, I have to execute a command and store its contents into an array using shell. this is what i have tried #!/bin/bash disk_names = ($(`iostat -xtc | egrep -v "device|nfs" | awk '{print $1}'| tr '\n' ' ' `)) But its throwing an error message as ./test-script ./test-script:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays using csh

I am reading a number of files but then I want to put the ranges xmin xmax ymin ymax as arrays for each file. Any idea how I can do this??? set j = 1 echo "Welcome $i times" while ( $j <= $i ) echo "$j" set fname = $fin-bst-misf.xy echo " "$fname ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning up Arrays with duplicate values

Hey Gang! So I have two Arrays. @linecount and @hit. Now these arrays contain numbers which I'm using as line placeholders on files. I need these two arrays to sync up and not repeat a number. Here are the contents (spam alert) @linecount 1 28 53 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays

I have the following csh script which lets the use pass the following as an argument -legend=tag1/tag2/tag3/tag4/tag5/tag6/tag7 We pass a number of tags separated by '/'. I want to save the legend tags in an array and have done as below. How can I improve on this as things are getting quite... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrays and two values

I have requirement where I need to capture the highest values of items from a feed that runs for N hours. For example lets assume my data looks like this first feed ======== appples 10 oranges 20 pears 14 second feed ========== apples 5 oranges 30 pears 1 Last feed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic values in a row

hi i have an input file in which there are diffrent values for xxxx,yyyyyy,zzzzzzz how can i arrange the dynamic values of x,y&z in a row. input file: xxxxx 1 yyyyyy 4 yyyyyy 5 zzzzzzzz 7 yyyyyy 13 zzzzzzzz 7 zzzzzzzz 6 yyyyyy 14 yyyyyy 12 zzzzzzzz 4 yyyyyy 4 yyyyyy 5 yyyyyy 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I find the sum of values from two arrays?

Hi I have redc containing the values 3, 6, 2, 8, and 1. I have work containing the values 8, 2, 11, 7, and 9. Is there a way to find the sum of redc and work? I need to compare the sum of those two arrays to something else, so is it okay to put that into my END? TY! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: razrnaga
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace sql with dynamic values

Hi Guys, I am using a function to replace the values dynamically to frame sql query by reading a file. My file will have column names like file.txt col_1 col_2 expected output: select id,col_1,col_2 from ( select a.id, a.col_1, rank() over (ORDER BY cast(a.col_1 AS double)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
5 Replies
STR_IREPLACE(3) 							 1							   STR_IREPLACE(3)

str_ireplace - Case-insensitive version ofstr_replace(3).

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_ireplace (mixed $search, mixed $replace, mixed $subject, [int &$count]) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a string or an array with all occurrences of $search in $subject (ignoring case) replaced with the given $replace value. If you don't need fancy replacing rules, you should generally use this function instead of preg_replace(3) with the i modifier. PARAMETERS
If $search and $replace are arrays, then str_ireplace(3) takes a value from each array and uses them to search and replace on $subject. If $replace has fewer values than $search, then an empty string is used for the rest of replacement values. If $search is an array and $replace is a string, then this replacement string is used for every value of $search. The converse would not make sense, though. If $search or $replace are arrays, their elements are processed first to last. o $search - The value being searched for, otherwise known as the needle. An array may be used to designate multiple needles. o $replace - The replacement value that replaces found $search values. An array may be used to designate multiple replacements. o $subject - The string or array being searched and replaced on, otherwise known as the haystack. If $subject is an array, then the search and replace is performed with every entry of $subject, and the return value is an array as well. o $count - If passed, this will be set to the number of replacements performed. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string or an array of replacements. EXAMPLES
Example #1 str_ireplace(3) example <?php $bodytag = str_ireplace("%body%", "black", "<body text=%BODY%>"); ?> NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. Caution Replacement order gotcha Because str_ireplace(3) replaces left to right, it might replace a previously inserted value when doing multiple replacements. Example #2 in the str_replace(3) documentation demonstrates how this may affect you in practice. SEE ALSO
str_replace(3), preg_replace(3), strtr(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_IREPLACE(3)