Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora How to increase/Decrease Local Virtual consoles? Post 302582479 by pinga123 on Friday 16th of December 2011 05:24:34 AM
Old 12-16-2011
How to increase/Decrease Local Virtual consoles?

I m tring to figure out the option where i can increase/Decrease the count for local virtual consoles(vtys).

I can able to take upto 6 vtys using (left alt+(F1-F6))

But is there any way i can increase the count ?

One more query
even though i can only take tty upto tty6 why there are tty entries in /etc/securetty file ranging from 1-11(Noob about tty)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

web consoles

reposted in correct forum (I think) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josudami
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

web consoles

I posted this in Unix Apps but I think it was put there in error as an after thought. What I am looking for (if one even exists) is a remote Console tool that will work for all my different flavors of Unix (HPUX, AIX, Redhat) I would prefer it be web based if possible. I know HP has a web... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josudami
0 Replies

3. Solaris

increase/decrease filesystem

Hi All, I need to increase the filesystem of / and /var (two different slices)? Space will be coming from /home slice so I need to decrease it. Is that possible without reinstallation or in a single-user-mode? Any idea or link please. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

4. Solaris

more consoles

Hi! Is it possible to add more console logins in Solaris 10 x86 like it is in Linux and FreeBSD? The Problem is, when i make some configuration in the console, kdmconfig for example, and something hangs, i cannot switch to another console to kill the process. What i want is to switch with Alt-F2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Consoles gone wild!

I have a Sunfire V890 running solaris 10 that has a weird console problem. In the XWindows environment, everything seems to work fine. However, if I go to command-line mode in multi-user mode or otherwise, my prompt scrolls accross the screen so incontrollably, that the only thing you can do is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephgreensr
5 Replies

6. AIX

How to increase Virtual Disk size

Hello, I am working AIX VIO server and extended Virtual Disk of one of the Partition with 10GB. After starting partition, i am not able to see increased size of disk. Can you please help me what I need to do to increase the size of virtual disk from partition? Thanks Kishor ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorbhede
7 Replies

7. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

increase/decrease multiple numbers in a filename.

I got a game that output map tiles of the session with the 0,0 position at the place you login/spawn. That makes making a map somewhat troublesome since the 0,0 will move. So I've been looking for a way to change the numbers in the filenames of all files in a folder by a certain value. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravenholdt
5 Replies

9. Programming

How to decrease virtual size of a process after cleaning all containers and using malloc_trim (0)?

Hello all i have simple server running on linux redhat 6.1 it is build with c++ in the server i have huge std vector that holds pointers to cache objects those cache objects holds allot of data from the DB any way ... in some point in time there is simple API that suppose to clean the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Virtual Memory problem on local zone

Hi I have a problem with Virtual Memory on one local zone (myzone1): //from local zone (myzone1) swap -s total: 22888544k bytes allocated + 0k reserved = 22888544k used, 3325856k available swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/swap ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
0 Replies
CMAP_DEC(3)					    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				       CMAP_DEC(3)

NAME
cmap_inc - Decrease already stored value in CMAP SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/cmap.h> cs_error_t cmap_dec (cmap_handle_t handle, const char *key_name); DESCRIPTION
The cmap_dec function is used to decrease integer value of already stored key inside cmap. The handle argument is connection to CMAP data- base obtained by calling cmap_initialize(3) function. key_name is name of key to increase value of. Function is defined only on values where increase makes sense and is well defined, so it can be one of: CMAP_VALUETYPE_INT8 - 8-bit signed interger CMAP_VALUETYPE_UINT8 - 8-bit unsigned integer CMAP_VALUETYPE_INT16 - 16-bit signed interger CMAP_VALUETYPE_UINT16 - 16-bit unsigned integer CMAP_VALUETYPE_INT32 - 32-bit signed interger CMAP_VALUETYPE_UINT32 - 32-bit unsigned integer CMAP_VALUETYPE_INT64 - 64-bit signed interger CMAP_VALUETYPE_UINT64 - 64-bit unsigned integer Overflow/underflow is not detected and it's ignored. RETURN VALUE
This call returns the CS_OK value if successful. If value or key_name are unspecified, CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM is returned. CS_ERR_NOT_EXIST error is returned if key doesn't exist (wasn't created by calling cmap_set(3) first). Some of keys may be tagged read-only directly in corosync and seting such key will result in CS_ERR_ACCESS error. SEE ALSO
cmap_get(3), cmap_set(3), cmap_initialize(3), cmap_overview(8) CS_ERR_TRY_AGAIN Resource temporarily unavailable CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM Invalid argument CS_ERR_ACCESS Permission denied CS_ERR_LIBRARY The connection failed CS_ERR_INTERRUPT System call inturrupted by a signal CS_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED The requested protocol/functuality not supported CS_ERR_MESSAGE_ERROR Incorrect auth message received CS_ERR_NO_MEMORY Not enough memory to completed the requested task corosync Man Page 03/02/2012 CMAP_DEC(3)