Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing two files with datestamp to current date Post 302582354 by lilvi3tboix1 on Thursday 15th of December 2011 03:17:00 PM
Old 12-15-2011
Bartus11,
Thanks for the reply.

I have a two file ghx_temp_20111214.zip and ghx_temp_20111215.zip. Date changes depending on data delay. So in order for me to unzip it. I would be compairing the date stamp with today date. If the file is older than today date than unzip that first and start a execute process.

Is there a way to to put it in a for loop to loop through the file than check the date with a if statement to begin the process??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find files less than the current date

Hai, i have one directory contains 100 files .each file name like xvb_dateformat.i want find which file names are xvb_lessthan or equal to currentdate. any one give the solution. regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallikarjuna
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Extracting date from file name and comparing with current date

I need to extract the date part from the file name (20080221 in this ex) and compare it with the current date and delete it, if it is a past date. $file = exp_ABCD4_T-2584780_upto_20080221.dmp.Z really appreciate any help. thanks mkneni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming of multiple files with current date

Hi, I have a fixed 4 files in each different directory. The total 17 directories are there each one having 4 files inside it. I need rename all of them with current date. The files formates will be as below: Folder1: abc_NOR_xyz_ddmmyyyy.txt abc_NOR_ghij_ddmmyyyy.txt Folder2:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing current date

Hi, I have start date and end date in the following format. I need to check the current date is greater than the start date and less than the end date. if i use the command date --date "Tue 6:00 AM", it takes next Tues day not the current week's Tues day. Is there a way to get the current Tues... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Output Date to Current System Date

Hi Guys, Anyone who knows how to compare the current date with the a file containing a date, say for example I have a file that looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server6 Fri Dec 16... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy current date files to another dir

i have directory /abcd and i want to copy all today date files in /xyz directory. i am able to see the files by using below command but not able to understand copy. find . -mtime -1 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

7. Debian

Search files that start with current date

hi all, i need to find same files in my directory that looks like this format 20121017145949639.xml (YYYYMMDD*.xml) thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the dates with the current date in perl scripting

Hi i have a file containg dates likebelow 4/30/2013 3/31/2013 4/30/2013 4/16/2013 4/30/2013 4/30/2013 5/30/2013 5/30/2013 4/30/2013 5/30/2013 5/30/2013 3/31/2013 now i want to compare the above dates with current date and i want to display the difference . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace a parameter(variable) date value inside a text files daily with current date?

Hello All, we what we call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipsplit - split a zipfile into smaller zipfiles SYNOPSIS
zipsplit [-t] [-i] [-p] [-s] [-n size] [-r room] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to split. OPTIONS
-t Report how many files it will take, but don't make them. -i Make index (zipsplit.idx) and count its size against first zip file. -n size Make zip files no larger than "size" (default = 36000). -r room Leave room for "room" bytes on the first disk (default = 0). -b path Use path for the output zip files. -p Pause between output zip files. -s Do a sequential split even if it takes more zip files. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipsplit reads a zipfile and splits it into smaller zipfiles. EXAMPLES
To be filled in. BUGS
Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)