Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with simple csh scripting Post 302582311 by austing5 on Thursday 15th of December 2011 01:11:35 PM
Old 12-15-2011
ah leave the question up!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple scripting question

I am new to scropting and I am just trying to work on a few simple things.... Using sh I want to do something similar to the follwoing run a simple command like a dig then I want it to get the server that it is authorotative and return it to me saying somehting like xx.xx is authorotative. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Scripting Problem

Hi there, I was trying to add a line of text in the middle line of a file. I have counted the lines in the file, and then I divide it into 2, after that I am stuck on how am I suppose to append the line on that file? When I tried to use this command 'second line >> filename' it appends it at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a simple loop in csh

Hello, I have a file with over 48000 lines and I need to select certain parts of the file. I know which awk commands work for what I need, I just need some help putting together a loop that will repeat the command. These are the commands that work: awk 'NR < 6' plot.out > plot.test (I get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple CSH Script behaves differently on Solaris and RedHat Linux

I have a simple csh-script on a Solaris Workstaion which invokes the bc calculator: #!/bin/csh set shz=2 set zshift=5 set shzp=`bc -l <<END \ scale = 3 \ -1. * $shz + $zshift \ END` echo $shzp The result ($shzp) in this case is 3 (-1*2+5). It works fine on Solaris 8. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: two reelers
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple CSH script

Hi everyone, I have never wrote script in csh before, but I need to add only few lines to an existing one. I tried to use the bash standard syntax, and it did not work. So, I attempted to use csh syntax, and it is not working. Can someone help please: switch ( $Return_Code ) case 0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple csh script

Hi This little script is giving me error: Syntax error at line xxx : `(' is not expected. Wgat did I miss? RC=0 switch ( $RC ) case 0: echo Done breaksw case -1: echo not done breaksw default: echo "Hello" endsw (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple scripting.

echo "what is your username?" read username echo $username echo /home/$username $backup="backup" $restore="restore" # # if then echo "No username provided" else echo "hi $username would you like to backup or restore?" read userrequest echo $userrequest if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EwanD
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help :: Simple Shell Scripting

Hello, I want to find the "IP-OF-SERVER" in /etc/squid/squid.conf And replace it with The IP of server. I know this command returns the IP of server : ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' And I can replace with sed. : sed -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghadamyari
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

4x4 Array in csh scripting

I am trying to code a 4 by 4 array. However the naming convention is diffrent. Please refer the image below https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Dl0vdjfXtU0/Tnh02_ORJpI/AAAAAAAAAKU/4c2zyFP9IB0/array.JPG I want to name them in order : from 0 to 3 --> (0,0) cell to (0,3) from 4 to 7 --> (1,0)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding c-shell (csh) scripting

Hi, I'm reading a csh setup script, and came across these lines: ################################ if (! $?PROJECT_ROOT) then setenv PROJECT_ROOT /proj/proj_123 endif ################################ Does the if endif command means, "if there is no variable named "PROJECT_ROOT",... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
3 Replies
LEAVE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  LEAVE(1)

NAME
leave -- remind you when you have to leave SYNOPSIS
leave [[+]hhmm] DESCRIPTION
leave waits until the specified time (within the next 12 hours), then reminds you that you have to leave by writing to the TTY that you exe- cuted leave on. You are reminded 5 minutes and 1 minute before the actual time, at the time, and every minute thereafter. When you log off, leave exits just before it would have printed the next message. OPTIONS
hhmm The time of day is in the form hhmm where hh is a time in hours (on a 12 or 24 hour clock), and mm are minutes. However, all times are converted to a 12 hour clock, and assumed to be in the next 12 hours. An attempt to set an alarm for farther into the future will be truncated to within the next 12 hours. + If the time is preceded by '+', the alarm will go off in hours and minutes from the current time. If no argument is given, leave prompts with "When do you have to leave?". A reply of newline causes leave to exit, otherwise the reply is assumed to be a time. This form is suitable for inclusion in a ~/.login or ~/.profile. SEE ALSO
calendar(1), csh(1), sh(1) HISTORY
The leave command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
In the modern age with X(7) and window multiplexing programs like window(1) and screen(1), the leave command's reminders and admonitions might not be seen if the user has the window where leave was started minimized or obscured. This all begs for a more general user notifications system to be implemented. BSD
January 19, 2002 BSD