Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with simple csh scripting Post 302580893 by sjung9442 on Sunday 11th of December 2011 01:26:16 AM
Old 12-11-2011
Problem with simple csh scripting

I found my answer...

Last edited by sjung9442; 12-11-2011 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Found my answer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple scripting question

I am new to scropting and I am just trying to work on a few simple things.... Using sh I want to do something similar to the follwoing run a simple command like a dig then I want it to get the server that it is authorotative and return it to me saying somehting like xx.xx is authorotative. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Scripting Problem

Hi there, I was trying to add a line of text in the middle line of a file. I have counted the lines in the file, and then I divide it into 2, after that I am stuck on how am I suppose to append the line on that file? When I tried to use this command 'second line >> filename' it appends it at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a simple loop in csh

Hello, I have a file with over 48000 lines and I need to select certain parts of the file. I know which awk commands work for what I need, I just need some help putting together a loop that will repeat the command. These are the commands that work: awk 'NR < 6' plot.out > plot.test (I get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple CSH Script behaves differently on Solaris and RedHat Linux

I have a simple csh-script on a Solaris Workstaion which invokes the bc calculator: #!/bin/csh set shz=2 set zshift=5 set shzp=`bc -l <<END \ scale = 3 \ -1. * $shz + $zshift \ END` echo $shzp The result ($shzp) in this case is 3 (-1*2+5). It works fine on Solaris 8. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: two reelers
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple CSH script

Hi everyone, I have never wrote script in csh before, but I need to add only few lines to an existing one. I tried to use the bash standard syntax, and it did not work. So, I attempted to use csh syntax, and it is not working. Can someone help please: switch ( $Return_Code ) case 0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple csh script

Hi This little script is giving me error: Syntax error at line xxx : `(' is not expected. Wgat did I miss? RC=0 switch ( $RC ) case 0: echo Done breaksw case -1: echo not done breaksw default: echo "Hello" endsw (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple scripting.

echo "what is your username?" read username echo $username echo /home/$username $backup="backup" $restore="restore" # # if then echo "No username provided" else echo "hi $username would you like to backup or restore?" read userrequest echo $userrequest if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EwanD
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help :: Simple Shell Scripting

Hello, I want to find the "IP-OF-SERVER" in /etc/squid/squid.conf And replace it with The IP of server. I know this command returns the IP of server : ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' And I can replace with sed. : sed -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghadamyari
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

4x4 Array in csh scripting

I am trying to code a 4 by 4 array. However the naming convention is diffrent. Please refer the image below https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Dl0vdjfXtU0/Tnh02_ORJpI/AAAAAAAAAKU/4c2zyFP9IB0/array.JPG I want to name them in order : from 0 to 3 --> (0,0) cell to (0,3) from 4 to 7 --> (1,0)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding c-shell (csh) scripting

Hi, I'm reading a csh setup script, and came across these lines: ################################ if (! $?PROJECT_ROOT) then setenv PROJECT_ROOT /proj/proj_123 endif ################################ Does the if endif command means, "if there is no variable named "PROJECT_ROOT",... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
3 Replies
FAXANSWER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      FAXANSWER(8)

NAME
faxanswer - tell a HylaFAX server to answer the telephone SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxanswer [ -q queue-dir ] [ -h how ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxanswer sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8) process servicing modem telling it to answer the telephone. This is useful, for exam- ple, when a modem is used on a shared phone line and the server is configured to not normally answer the phone. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/hylafax. -h Specify exactly how the phone should be answered. By default, the server process is instructed to answer the phone and accept any kind of call (voice, data, fax). Discrimination of the type of call is dependent on a modem's adaptive-answer support. The -h option can be used to force the server to answer the phone for particular type of call: one of fax, data, voice, any, extern (to force faxgetty to invoke an external application to to handle the call), or dialX (where X is a dialstring to dial before initiating a fax reception). If using dialX, the specified dialstring will likely need to end with a semicolon (``;''). FILES
/var/spool/hylafax default spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5), faxgetty(8) May 23, 1996 FAXANSWER(8)