Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming search file and put into struct Post 302580753 by Corona688 on Friday 9th of December 2011 12:52:20 PM
Old 12-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal005
i founf out that i was not working with a space but a tab XD
My code works fine for tabs. That's why I used isspace(x) and not (x==' '), so it'd cover tabs or spaces. I don't know what you were running, but it wasn't my code.

That code works too, but has a very high probability of crashing whenever any of those fields are larger than your structure can hold.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

3. Programming

writing binary/struct data to file

I am trying to write binary data to a file. My program below: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> struct tinner { int j; int k; }; struct touter { int i; struct tinner *inner; }; int main() { struct touter data; data.i = 10; struct tinner... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word in a xml file and print the out put

hi , i m having a html file and this file looks like this <ssl> <name>PIA</name> <enabled>true</enabled> <listen-port>39370</listen-port> </ssl> <log> <name>PIA</name> </log> <execute-queue> <name>weblogic.kernel.Default</name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern search and put in a file

hi I am doing a task that is i have to search for multiple pattern from a file's 9 th column and then redirect it to a new file awk -F, 'BEGIN {OSF=","} { if ($9 == "OTF") print $0}' test1.tsv > test.tsv and the patterns are OST. ODI,MIN LIKE OTF Bit not getting the desired output... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access a struct within a struct?

Can someone tell me how to do this? Just a thought that entered my mind when learning about structs. First thought was: struct one { struct two; } struct two { three; } one->two->three would this be how you would access "three"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unbelievable21
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for multiple lines and put them into one paragraph?

Dear all, I'm trying to manipulate a data file and putting a certain lines into one paragraph. What am I actually want to do is that search some lines in a data file. These lines begin with "1\1\GINC-" and end with "\\@" or the following two empty lines as shown in blue. A part of the text... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
11 Replies

8. Programming

Can't assign struct variable in header file

Hi guys. I have a header file including a structure like this: typedef struct { int index = -1; stack_node *head; } stack; But when compiling with cc it shows error at the assignment line (int index = -1): error: expected ‘:', ‘,', ‘;', ‘}' or ‘__attribute__' before ‘=' token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

9. Programming

Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct

Hi, I have received an application that stores some properties in a file. The existing struct looks like this: struct TData { UINT uSizeIncludingStrings; // copy of Telnet data struct UINT uSize; // basic properties: TCHAR szHost; //defined in Sshconfig UINT iPortNr; TCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python Results Converted To C Struct Header File

I created python code that produce output in the form of: moses-red-sea=1.00.03 genesis-snake=2.03 deliverance=5.0.010 I need to take this output and create a "C" header file and have it look like this: struct { char *name; char *fixed_version; } filename_versions... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
7 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation  Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs - Use spaces instead of tabs. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Putting hard tabs in your source code (or POD) is one of the worst things you can do to your co-workers and colleagues, especially if those tabs are anywhere other than a leading position. Because various applications and devices represent tabs differently, they can cause you code to look vastly different to other people. Any decent editor can be configured to expand tabs into spaces. Perl::Tidy also does this for you. This Policy catches all tabs in your source code, including POD, quotes, and HEREDOCs. The contents of the "__DATA__" section are not examined. CONFIGURATION
Hard tabs in a string are always forbidden (use " " instead). But hard tabs in a leading position are allowed when they are used to indent code statements, "qw()" word lists, and regular expressions with the "/x" modifier. However, if you want to forbid all tabs everywhere, then add this to your .perlcriticrc file: [CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs] allow_leading_tabs = 0 NOTES
Beware that Perl::Critic may report the location of the string that contains the tab, not the actual location of the tab, so you may need to do some hunting. I'll try and fix this in the future. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs(3)