Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please correct the error in the following script Post 302578118 by m.d.ludwig on Wednesday 30th of November 2011 10:39:41 PM
Old 11-30-2011
Since you are reading from stdin, why not do something like:
Code:
(
  print -- "connect $db_user/$db_pwd@$db_sid;"
  print -- "SPOOL output.txt;"

while read var_ack_party_name
  do
    print -- "set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off linesize 100 \n"
    print -- "select *  from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and event_data_text like '%"$var_ack_party_name"%';"
  done 
  print -- 'quit;'
) \
| sqlplus -s /nolog

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error : Field $() is not correct

Hi All, I'm new to shell scripting. Trying to extract substring using awk script as shown below : Flag=$1 Length=`echo ${#Flag}` NewLen=$Length-2 NewFlag=`echo $Flag|awk '{print substr($Flag,0,$NewLen)}'` echo "New string is : $NewFlag" exit When I execute this script the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct the error plz

Hi, I'll get a file whose first line comprises of system name, timestamp of file creation and the seq number. System name and seq num I need to other computation. My requirement is, I'll have to check whether the timestamp is greater than current timestamp and also check if the timestamp is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is the script correct ???

Dear Collegues is the below given is correct ? #!/usr/bin/perl $a = @ARGV; while ($a = @ARGV) { exec "./jagan ../dat/ml_in @ARGV"; } Jagan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please correct my Script

I am new to awk, can somone please correct the following script awk -F "," 'BEGIN { foreach ((getline < "file1.csv") > 0) {i++ a=1 --> assuming the first column in the row will be stored in a foreach (a in f1) { if (a == $5) continue print a; } } } file2.csv' Here is what I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Script Counting of Correct vs. Error Responses

Hello, I have been trying to use an awk script to parse out correct and incorrect answers in a simple tab-delimited text file. I am trying to compare the user's response to the stimulus presented (in this case, an arrow pointing left or right; e.g., "<--" vs. "-->"). I have the data for the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jahn
6 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Please correct my script

Please correct my script if it any exceptional, since im calling other external script with in my script. #!/bin/bash FE1=TMM DT1=/home/myHome/dated_1 REPORT=/home/otherHome/Report.sh ## Run the report for FE1 & DT1 cd /home/myHome SERV_LST=/home/myHome/srvc-lst echo "Welcome to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone correct the error in this script

ret=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF connect $db_user/$db_pwd@$db_sid; SPOOL ./$DirectoryName/TableData.txt; set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off linesize 150 while read var_ack_party_name do select * from bus_event where ack_party_name like... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Correct My script

############### #filename.sh ############### CUREENT_DATE=02 log_file_path="$CUREENT_DATE"-"${0##%*/}`|cut -d "." -f1|awk -F "/" '{print $NF}'`"".log" echo $log_file_path ################ #output required 02-filename.log (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohitmehral
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output of script on screen and file with correct return status of the called script.

Hi, I am trying to capture logs of the script in the file as well as on the screen. I have used exec and tee command for this. While using exec command I am getting the correct output in the file but, script output is not getting displayed on the screen as it get executed. Below is my sample... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can some one correct this script

Hi, I tried writing a script and there was a problem with SFTP part can some one correct where is is the mistake Enveronment file #!/bin/bash export HOST_NAME=<> export USER_NAME=<> export PASSWORD=<> export SOURCE_PATH=/u03/informatica/current/server/infa_shared/TgtFiles/mfg export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradeep86
4 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)