Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX cmapplyconf >> Permission denied Post 302578000 by MazenH on Thursday 1st of December 2011 08:38:14 AM
Old 12-01-2011
Hi vbe,

I'll try these changes tonight!

Do you have any full cluster explanation document? That way I can, at least, check my prerequisites and requirements.

Thank you! Will keep you posted.

And good-luck with your own tests!

---------- Post updated 12-01-11 at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous update was 11-30-11 at 07:02 PM ----------

Hi vbe,

I removed the DNS via SAM and the cluster worked fine!

The step to edit the /etc/lvmrc --> AUTO_VG_ACTIVATE=0 is done after the cluster comes up.

Issue solved, you may close the topic.

Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission denied??

i'm trying to set up my internet connection and i was told i need to edit the file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but i get a permission denied message...why?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

9. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies
LAMNODES(1)							     LAM TOOLS							       LAMNODES(1)

NAME
lamnodes - Resolve LAM node/CPU notation to Unix hostnames. SYNOPSIS
lamnodes [-chin] [where] OPTIONS
-c Suppress printing the CPU count for each node. -h Print the command help menu. -i Print IP addresses (instead of IP names) -n Suppress printing CPU count for each node DESCRIPTION
The lamnodes command is used to resolve LAM node/CPU nomenclature to Unix hostnames. It can be used to determine the current running con- figuration of the LAM/MPI run-time environment, and generate a boot schema that can be used to launch LAM in the future. By default, lamnodes will print out the node number, default IP name, CPU count, and per-node flags for each node in the running LAM. gethostbyaddr(3) is used to obtain default hostnames. If gethostbyaddr(3) fails, the IP number is displayed instead. This command can be used by setup shell scripts (and the like) to determine information from a currently-running LAM universe. For exam- ple, use lamnodes to resolve particular CPUs and/or nodes to specific unix hostnames. In a batch environment, lamnodes can be used to determine which CPUs share a common node (note that MPI_GET_PROCESSOR_NAME can be used for a similar effect in an MPI program). lamnodes also shows per-node flags. Currently defined flags are: origin The node where lamboot was executed. this_node The node where lamnodes is running. no_schedule The node will not be used to run MPI and serial processes when N and C are used to mpirun and lamexec. EXAMPLES
lamnodes N -n Display IP names and CPU counts for all nodes. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). lamnodes C -n -c Display the IP name of the nodes containing each CPU, and suppress the LAM node number and CPU count. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). SEE ALSO
bhost(5), gethostbyaddr(3), lamboot(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 LAMNODES(1)