Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: searching keywords in file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching keywords in file Post 302577679 by ygemici on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 03:03:26 PM
Old 11-29-2011
Code:
# ./justdoit data.html words.dat
true

Code:
#!/bin/bash
exec 3<$2 ;while read -r page; do read tag <&3
tag=$(echo "$tag"|sed 's/[[:punct:]]/\\&/g')
if [[ $(echo "$page"|grep -w "$tag") ]]; then
echo true;else echo false;fi;done<$1

regards
ygemici

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep appending a newly created file based on some keywords

Hi Friends, I have to create a new log file everyday and append it with content based on some keywords found in another log file. Here is what I have tried so far... grep Error /parentfolder/someLogFile.log >> /parentfolder /Archive/"testlogfile_error_`date '+%d%m%y'`.txt" grep error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supreet
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the contents between two keywords to a new file.

Hi All, I want to edit my gate level netlists by searching for the content between two patterns eg: ff1 \test/a0 ( .CLK(\test/ClkInt0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/Rakicc ), .QB(\test/X ), .VDD(1'b1), .VSS(1'b0)); ff1 \test/a1 ( .CLK(\test/medis0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/hedwc ), .QB(\test/X ),... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file with keywords

Hi All I have a file of format asdf asf first sec endi asdk rt 123 ferf dfg ijglkp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailabdulbari
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file with a specified text without using conventional file searching commands

without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy range of lines in a file based on keywords from another file

Hi Guys, I have the following problem. I have original file (org.txt) that looks like this module v_1(.....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_2(....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_3(...) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading specific lines from a file using index or keywords

Hello I want to read from a file which contains email addresses. The file format is like this. from@mail.com to1@mail.com to2@mail.com cc@mail.com bcc@mail.com I'll have to read from such file and assign the email addresses to respective variables. frommail =... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kyaw Lwin Phyo
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from file using keywords using script

Hi I need some lines of text from input file using keywords. Inputfile IP IS 10.238.52.65 pun-ras-bng-mhs-01#context bsnl.in Card Status : 1:0, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 5:0, 6:0, 7:0, 8:0, 9:1, 10:0, 11:0, 12:0, 13:0, 14:1, Max Circuits: 1: 0, 2: 32768, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Lines between Keywords & paste them to another file

hi, I have Multiple files with the following data : File1 100414 DR1 END XXXXX Test1 Test2 Test3 Test4 Test5 Test6 END 100514 DR2 END XXXXX Test7 Test8 Test9 Test10 Test11 Test12 END 100614 DR3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newageBATMAN
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash append values if keywords are present in the file

Hi Team, i have a web ui where user will be passing values and the output will be saved to a file say test with the following contents . These below mentioned values will change according to the user_input Just gave here one example Contents of file test is given below Gateway... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple keywords from a file

I have a script that will search for a keyword in all the log files. It work just fine. LOG_FILES={ "/Sandbox/logs/*" } for file in ${LOG_FILES}; do grep $1 $file done This only works for 1 keyword. What if I want to search for more then 1 keywords, say 4 or maybe even... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)