Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: searching keywords in file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching keywords in file Post 302577665 by tukuyomi on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 02:46:14 PM
Old 11-29-2011
Try this little script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

while read l; do
	grep "$l" data.html > /dev/null
	if [ "$?" -eq 0 ]; then echo 'true'; else echo 'false'; fi
done < words.dat > output.dat

exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep appending a newly created file based on some keywords

Hi Friends, I have to create a new log file everyday and append it with content based on some keywords found in another log file. Here is what I have tried so far... grep Error /parentfolder/someLogFile.log >> /parentfolder /Archive/"testlogfile_error_`date '+%d%m%y'`.txt" grep error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supreet
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the contents between two keywords to a new file.

Hi All, I want to edit my gate level netlists by searching for the content between two patterns eg: ff1 \test/a0 ( .CLK(\test/ClkInt0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/Rakicc ), .QB(\test/X ), .VDD(1'b1), .VSS(1'b0)); ff1 \test/a1 ( .CLK(\test/medis0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/hedwc ), .QB(\test/X ),... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file with keywords

Hi All I have a file of format asdf asf first sec endi asdk rt 123 ferf dfg ijglkp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailabdulbari
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file with a specified text without using conventional file searching commands

without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy range of lines in a file based on keywords from another file

Hi Guys, I have the following problem. I have original file (org.txt) that looks like this module v_1(.....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_2(....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_3(...) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading specific lines from a file using index or keywords

Hello I want to read from a file which contains email addresses. The file format is like this. from@mail.com to1@mail.com to2@mail.com cc@mail.com bcc@mail.com I'll have to read from such file and assign the email addresses to respective variables. frommail =... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kyaw Lwin Phyo
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from file using keywords using script

Hi I need some lines of text from input file using keywords. Inputfile IP IS 10.238.52.65 pun-ras-bng-mhs-01#context bsnl.in Card Status : 1:0, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 5:0, 6:0, 7:0, 8:0, 9:1, 10:0, 11:0, 12:0, 13:0, 14:1, Max Circuits: 1: 0, 2: 32768, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Lines between Keywords & paste them to another file

hi, I have Multiple files with the following data : File1 100414 DR1 END XXXXX Test1 Test2 Test3 Test4 Test5 Test6 END 100514 DR2 END XXXXX Test7 Test8 Test9 Test10 Test11 Test12 END 100614 DR3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newageBATMAN
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash append values if keywords are present in the file

Hi Team, i have a web ui where user will be passing values and the output will be saved to a file say test with the following contents . These below mentioned values will change according to the user_input Just gave here one example Contents of file test is given below Gateway... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple keywords from a file

I have a script that will search for a keyword in all the log files. It work just fine. LOG_FILES={ "/Sandbox/logs/*" } for file in ${LOG_FILES}; do grep $1 $file done This only works for 1 keyword. What if I want to search for more then 1 keywords, say 4 or maybe even... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)