Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris reconfig reboot after patching Post 302576610 by zigi_p5 on Friday 25th of November 2011 10:24:39 AM
Old 11-25-2011
reconfig reboot after patching

will reboot -- -r update boot_archive ?

this is the what I see on my console.

# reboot -- -r
15+0 records in
15+0 records out
syncing file systems... done

It doesn't say updating /platform/sun4u/boot_archive as it displayed on my console after init 0or init 6 ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Reconfig Kernel

Help, how reconfig Kernel, My SO is SCO OpenServer 5 I'm need up DB Oracle 7.X and display error ORA-7329 SVRMGR> startup mount pfile=/oracle7/dbs/<sid>.ora ORA-07329: smscsg: too many shared memory segments. Additional information: 2 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jernesto_diaz
0 Replies

2. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Patching

Hi all, I'm new to Solaris. How can i make sure that all my servers are patched to the same level. When i do a uname -a, i see different level. How can i make sure that they are having the same patches. Any expert to guide me through pls? eg. ServerA#uname -a SunOS ServerA 5.10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahlude
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ZPOOL Reconfig Recommendations(?)

Current Setup: OS: Solaris 10 (5.10) x64 Motherboard: SUPERMICRO MBD-PDSME+-O LGA 775 Intel 3010 SATA Controller: SUPERMICRO AOC-SAT2-MV8 - SATA Controller (x2) Link Aggregated @ 2Gb: 110MB sustained throughput :b: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM storagepool ONLINE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol72
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Patching

Hi all Ive got 12 odd sun servers, running solars 8, 9 and soon 10. Have to admit I havent patched for years. Infact the last time I did patch a load of servers, sun provided you will a small script which would review the current patch levels, create a xml file that you would use on sunsolve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

6. Solaris

is reconfig reboot necessary?

Hi, I wanted to know if a reconfig reboot is necessary from the ok prompt when am changing the CPU or a simple boot command would also work...? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
5 Replies

7. Solaris

patching a zone.

what are prerequisites or precautions we take before we install a patch in a zone.what if zone fails to boot after patching.How to recover form this situation.? Thanks in advance..:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
1 Replies

8. Solaris

patching solaris 8

OK, finally managed to get root access to the machines. Now running # uname -a SunOS unknown 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-e2 # showrev -p Patch: 112668-01 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWgzip Patch: 109889-01 Obsoletes: 109353-04 Requires: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norman Khine
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Lifecycle patching

I am trying to understand how people manage lifecycle patching these days. I am not a sysadmin (I am a DB Architect) and what I am being told is that if there is any lag between patching a dev server and a prod server that we will liley get new patches in prod that have not had any soak time in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mse
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Create an unconfigured VMware host from a template that is set to do firstboot --reconfig

I have an Oracle Linux 7.1 vsphere host built. It's be preconfigured with our security configurations. What I would like to do is unconfigure this host. Then set the host to do firstboot --reconfigure. how do I do that using /etc/sysconfig/firstboot? I've tried setting ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies
REBOOT(2)							System Calls Manual							 REBOOT(2)

NAME
reboot - close down the system or reboot SYNTAX
#define _MINIX_SOURCE 1 #include <unistd.h> int reboot(int how, ...) DESCRIPTION
Reboot() is used to close down the system. It allows several ways of shutting down depending on how: reboot(RBT_HALT) Halt the system and return to the monitor prompt. reboot(RBT_REBOOT) Reboot the system by letting the monitor execute the "boot" command. reboot(RBT_PANIC) Cause a system panic. This is not normally done from user mode, but by servers using the sys_abort() kernel call. reboot(RBT_MONITOR, code, length) Halt the system and let the monitor execute the given code of the given length. (code is of type char * and length of type size_t.) reboot(RBT_RESET) Reboot the system with a hardware reset. Reboot() may only be executed by the super-user. DIAGNOSTICS
If the call succeeds, it never returns. If something went wrong, the return value is -1 and an error is indicated by errno. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), reboot(8), halt(8), sync(1). NOTES
Minix can not return to the monitor if running in real mode, or if started from MS-DOS. This means that most of the reboot functions will change to a reset. AUTHOR
Edvard Tuinder (v892231@si.hhs.NL) REBOOT(2)