Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Feeding information in columns of LOG file Post 302575058 by nrjrasaxena on Sunday 20th of November 2011 07:02:34 AM
Old 11-20-2011
Yes, Smilie

THANKs a lot ahamed..
pooja..

---------- Post updated at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:54 AM ----------

Hi again,
A simple question please.
Will it be possible to provide the information of "no of lines" & "LOG file name" information from terminal ?
& also If i could mention that the files it need to read should be *.log not any other file having "counter" text.

Pooja..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: adding columns in CSV file with information in each

Hi Wise UNIX Crew, I want to add 3 different columns to the file in which: 1. The first new column pulls in today's date and time 2. Second column one has a '0' 3. Third column has the word 'ANY' going down the column If my file content is as follows: "7","a","abc",123"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing a verbose information to a log file

Hi All, In the script mentioned below uses a sftp command to login to the remote host and pull the files from the remote server. we want to log this inf to a log file . But it is not happening, the verbose information is just displayed on the screen but not to the log file when I run this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghuveer2008
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from Log file formatted

Good evening! Trying to make a shell script to parse log file and show only required information. log file has 44 fields and alot of lines, each columns separated by ":". log file is like: first_1:3:4:5:6:1:3:4:5:something:notinterested second_2:3:4:3:4:2 first_1:3:4:6:6:7:8 I am interested... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummie55
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract information from a log file (last days)

I'm still new to bash script , I have a log file and I want to extract the items within the last 5 days . and also within the last 10 hours the log file is like this : it has 14000 items started from march 2002 to january 2003 awk '{print $4}' < *.log |uniq -c|sort -g|tail -10 but... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: matarsak
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract various information from a log file

Hye ShamRock If you can help me with this difficult task for me then it will save my day Logs : ================================================================================================================== ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep'ing information from a log file on SUN OS 5

Hi Guys, I'm trying to write an script that will be launched by a user. The script will look at a log file and check for alerts with the date (supplied by user) and a machine's hostname (also supplied by the user). I'm trying to get the output formatted just like the log file. The logfile looks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: illgetit
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text file and feeding it into an executable

Hello, everyone. I am working wtihin AIX 5.3, and I need to do the following: read the each line of file BASE.txt do XK {line contents} if XK's output begins with "BASE", then append line contents to file "output.txt" continue until end of file Here is what I tried(unsuccessfuly): ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mordaris
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines with unique information in indicated columns

Hi, I have the 3-column, tab-separated following data: dot is-big 2 dot is-round 3 dot is-gray 4 cat is-big 3 hot in-summer 5 I want to remove all of those lines in which the values of Columns 1 and 2 are identical. In this way, the results would be as follows: dot is-big 2 cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include information in certain columns using grep and awk

HI all, I have data in a file that looks like this: 1 HOW _ NNP NNP _ 3 nn _ _ 2 DRUGS _ NNP NNP _ 3 nn _ _ 3 ACT _ NNP NNP _ 0 null _ _ 4 : _ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting information out of a log file

Hello guys, I am trying to filter some information out of a log file (example shortcut) ===== fspCIV0 /vol/vol0 -sec=sys,rw=fspsanp42.net,root=fspsanp42.net,nosuid ===== fcvCIS01 /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw,nosuid /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_scrub
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)