Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to test commands in files? Post 302574545 by whity on Thursday 17th of November 2011 01:16:05 PM
Old 11-17-2011
Hi Corona688,

Yes I would like to have any other way of doing this too. Installing something I have never worked before could be the final of it.
So if I understand, is there other way, by build in a virtual machine, is that right?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to test for files with a particular extension.

Hi!!, Is there any way on Ksh to test the files having a particular Extension? My program looks something like: for i in *$1* do if "$i" != files with ext of .Z then compress -f $i fi done Any suggestions??? :):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

test if there are files in directory

Hi, I am trying to test if there are files in a directory and if theres i want to get a list. Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSAM2007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test for existence of files

Hello, Can you please help me to see if log files exist in a directory? I need to scan logs in different directories, so I am using an array to change dynamically. I need help in the if test statement dir=/logs/MSD dir=/logs/UPD countA=1 while (( countA <= ${#dir } )) do cd ${dir}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

test for existence of files with same extension

Hi, I am checking for existence of files with the same extensions #! /usr/bin/ksh txtfiles = '*.txt' if then cp ${dirpath}/${txtfiles} ${dir2path} fi I am getting the following error line 5: [: too many arguments for the if check condition (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chen.sara
4 Replies

7. Programming

How to test many texts generated by many commands ?

Hello, I have hundreds of text files to be tested.They are generated by many commands. I should check whether a word in specific position is right, or whether a word in file A is equal to a word in file B. All the file are not the same. I decide to use shell to test every files, so I had to write... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File test commands with variable file name

Hi there I have the following code SDFFILE_SRC=$BACKEND_DIR/$SDFFILE_MIN_tar SDFFILE_DST=$SIM_DIR/$SDFFILE_MIN if ] .... .... .... fi Simply I need to check if $SDFFILE_SRC isa newer than $SDFFILE_DST or $SDFFILE_DST does not exist then execute the IF Body. Although the the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and execute commands on these files (advanced)

So, I need to find a bunch of files and delete them (this example, but sometimes I need it for something else) and my trusty go-to command has always been: find . -type f -name '*file*' | xargs -I## rm '##' Works wonders... But: touch file\ file\'.txt touch file.txt touch file\ file.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Glaurung
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sequential test files

I have c program that I run like this: ./a.out t1 And my test files look like this all the way up to 100: t1 t2 t3 Is there a way to run this more efficiently so I don't have to hit up and change the number every time? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies