Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Display issue when we print in for loop Post 302574143 by mohi on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 03:30:54 PM
Old 11-16-2011
I am just using the following api to print the message

Code:
disp_db_entry (dev_db *ptr)
{
    char buff[128];

memset(buff, 0, 128);

if (ptr->dev_type == DEVICE_NUMBER) {
        snprintf(buff, sizeof(buff), "Dev Number :");
    snprintf(buff + strlen(buff), sizeof(buff), "%8x", ptr->num);
    } else if (ptr->dev_type == DEVICE_NAME){
        snprintf(buff, sizeof(buff), "dev Name :");
        snprintf(buff + strlen(buff), sizeof(buff), "%s", ptr->name);
    } else if (ptr->dev_type == DEVICE_MODEL){
        snprintf(buff, sizeof(buff), "Model Number :");
        snprintf(buff + strlen(buff), sizeof(buff), " %8x", ptr->model);
    }

snprintf(buff + strlen(buff), sizeof(buff), "- Type %d", ptr->dev_type);

printf("%s\n", buff);

}

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please use code tags when posting data and code samples!

Last edited by vgersh99; 11-16-2011 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop counter variable display

Hello everyone, how can I send output to the screen from a running script or tcl, in such a way that if a loop is executing I will see the rolling counter on my screen as the records are processed in the loop. I do not want the screen to scroll, though. In other words can a var's value be painted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifespan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print at a specific position of the display

Hi, How can I write a string in a specific position of the screen in a bourne shell? Regards, Elio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efernandes
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print or display certain number of file

Hi, I am sure this is possible in awk or sed or a combination of the two. Can someone help me determine the best way to display or print certain section of a file, ie only certain number of lines. Example: File1 1 has 20 lines. I need to be able to print from line 5 to line 10 of this file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display issue.

Hi All, I run this command ps -ef | grep daemon. This just returns half info on the page. Like. User 10888 1 0 23:04:58 ? 0:44 /opt/xxxxx/bin/perl /home/xxxxx/s After the "/s "at the end of the line it should continue. But it's not displayed. And can't even grep for the name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
1 Replies

5. Linux

Display issue

Hi, After installing red hat linux(ppc version) on power series server,running export DISPLAY=IP:0.0 and after that xclock command I am getting can't open display error Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the string issue

Hi, i ran following bdf command and found below out with space uses. prd@prd02/usr/apps/cti>bdf | grep /usr/apps /dev/vg01/lvol6 17379328 9873783 7036696 58% /usr/apps /dev/vg01/SYBASE 1228800 978631 234597 81% /usr/apps/sybase 2150400 1108516 976776 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop to display whatever number use types

sorry couldnt think of a proper title lol ok i have the following script it asks the user how many html tags they want. Im not sure how to display 2 tags if the user eneters the want only 2 tags tags as in <p></p> or <h1></h1> read -p "How many tags" tags1 if then echo "<$tags1>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line display

Hi, i have problem saying there are two files 1. inputfile 2. outputfile input file contains some lines, my problem is i need to write a shell script to copy contains on input file to output file and also it need to display each line copying from input file to output file. i copied contains... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inshafccna
1 Replies

9. AIX

New to Unix - display issue

new to the forums hope is this the right area to post this, I have 4 IBM servers (inherited) and all of them are connecting through a KVM. Probelm is all the servers are fuzzy on the monitor. I have tried switching multiple monitors and all get the same effect no matter if they are wide screen or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Setnaro
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display number from 10 to 1 using shell programming in while loop

display number from 10 to 1 using shell programming in while loop and using read n numbers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswin
2 Replies
CLIENTLIB(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      CLIENTLIB(3)

NAME
clientlib - NNTP clientlib part of InterNetNews library SYNOPSIS
extern FILE *ser_rd_fp; extern FILE *ser_wr_fp; extern char ser_line[]; char * getserverbyfile(file) char *file; int server_init(host) char *host; int handle_server_response(response, host) int reponse; char *host; void put_server(text) char *text; int get_server(buff, buffsize) char *buff; int buffsize; void close_server() DESCRIPTION
The routines described in this manual page are part of the InterNetNews library, libinn(3). They are replacements for the ``clientlib'' part of the NNTP distribution, and are intended to be used in building programs like rrn. Getserverbyfile calls GetConfigValue to get the name of the local NNTP server. It returns a pointer to static space. The file parameter is ignored. Server_init opens a connect to the NNTP server at the specified host. It returns the server's response code or -1 on error. If a connec- tion was made, then ser_rd_fp and ser_wr_fp can be used to read from and write to the server, respectively, and ser_line will contain the server's response. Ser_line can also be used in other routines. Handle_server_response decodes the response, which comes from the server on host. If the client is authorized, it returns 0. A client that is only allowed to read is authorized, but handle_server_response will print a message on the standard output. If the client is not authorized to talk to the server, then a message is printed and the routine returns -1. Put_server sends the text in buff to the server, adding the necessary NNTP line terminators, and flushing the I/O buffer. Get_server reads a line of text from the server into buff, reading at most buffsize characters. Any trailing terminators are stripped off. Get_server returns -1 on error. Close_server sends a ``quit'' command to the server and closes the connection. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 42, dated 1997-08-04. SEE ALSO
libinn(3). CLIENTLIB(3)