Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with sed one liner
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with sed one liner Post 302570606 by GmGeubt on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 09:28:35 PM
Old 11-03-2011
hey it worked thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed one-liner to print specific lines?

I need to print specific lines from a file, say 2-5, 8, 12-15, 17, 19, 21-27. How do I achieve this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

a very basic sed one-liner...that isn't working :-(

Greetings all. :) I would like to use sed to join all non-blank lines together in a particular file. I was thinking I could do this by simply replacing the terminating, new-line character on every line which is not blank, but I must be missing something in my sed line: $ sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveB-in-LV
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarification needed for a SED one liner

I want to use SED to replace all new line characters of a file, I googled and found this one liner sed '{:q;N;s/\n//g;t q}' infile what do :q;N; and t q mean in this script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED | Awk flat file one liner

sed awk one liner (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jap2614
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please explain this sed one liner

Can anyone explain the below sed oneliner? sed -e ':a' -e '$q;N;11,$D;ba' It works same as tail command. I just want to know how it works. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 PM ---------- Moderators, Can you please delete this thread?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed one liner simialr to tail command

Can anyone explain the below sed oneliner? sed -e ':a' -e '$q;N;11,$D;ba' It works same as tail command. I just want to know how it works. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed one-liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: AAA234 BBB678 CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? AAA234 Thing1 BBB678 Thing2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk or sed one liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: XXXX AAA234 XXXX BBB678 XXXX CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? XXXX AAA234... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one Liner option -e

Hi, I have the following command.(Delete all trailing blank lines at the end of a file.) sed -e :a -e '/^\n*$/{$d;N;ba' -e '}' I don't understand the logic of this command and also I don't understand why -e is used. Can you please let me know the logic of this command and why three -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
5 Replies
IEEE1394IF(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					     IEEE1394IF(4)

NAME
ieee1394if -- IEEE1394 High-performance Serial Bus SYNOPSIS
ieee1394if* at fwohci? DESCRIPTION
NetBSD provides machine-independent bus support and raw drivers for IEEE1394 interfaces. The ieee1394if driver consists of two layers: the controller and the bus layer. The controller attaches to a physical bus (like pci(4)). The ieee1394if bus attaches to the controller. Additional drivers can be attached to the bus. Up to 63 devices, including the host itself, can be attached to a IEEE1394 bus. The root node is dynamically assigned with a PHY device function. Also, the other IEEE1394 bus specific parameters, e.g., node ID, cycle master, isochronous resource manager and bus manager, are dynamically assigned, after bus reset is initiated. On the ieee1394if bus, every device is identified by an EUI 64 address. FILES
/dev/fw0.0 /dev/fwmem0.0 SEE ALSO
fwip(4), fwohci(4), pci(4), sbp(4), fwctl(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The ieee1394if driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0, as firewire. It was added to NetBSD 4.0 under its present name. AUTHORS
The ieee1394if driver was written by Katsushi Kobayashi and Hidetoshi Shimokawa for the FreeBSD project. It was added to NetBSD 4.0 by KIYOHARA Takashi. BUGS
See fwohci(4) for security notes. BSD
June 18, 2005 BSD