Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare two files to get correct result.see example? Post 302570477 by anuragpgtgerman on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 11:45:24 AM
Old 11-03-2011
This is not provinding the correct result .Please see below.Its showing the results for only 3 words i.e. is the user while not showing anything for THIS and input word.
One more thing I want to cleae here that my file where all users LDAP a/c saves in below format
Code:
Makan Lal
Shanu Kumar
Pink Singh

Code:
Enter User Data : D1234,S123 | THIS is the user input
Success [D1234,S123 | THIS is the user input] [is]
Success [D1234,S123 | THIS is the user input] [the]
Success [D1234,S123 | THIS is the user input] [user]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While finding compare the result with given string

Hello, There are directories named by "yyyyMMdd" format. The one directory name is given and I should find & print that directory & its previous days directory names if exist. For example: 20080401 20080402 20080403 20080404 ... The given date: 20080403 The result: 20080403... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files and output result in pop up window

Need help ! how do i compare 2 files and if there is a difference, output a massage in a pop up window? the script meant to run using crontab. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hongsh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare result lpstat with hostsfile

Hi there all, I got a long list of printers installed and a longer list of printers in my hosts file. In the hosts file I got a even longer list of printers in the hosts file I got the IP adress of all printers next to the printer name. How can I get a script working to get the printers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files, diff the result

Hi Everyone, 1.txt 00:01:01 asdf 00:33:33 1234 00:33:33 0987 00:33:33 12 00:33:33 444 2.txt vvvv|ee 444|dd33|ee dddd|ee 12|ee 3ciur|fdd the output should be: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 result sets using a script

select colname from syscat.columns where tabname='t' and tableschema='s' output is columnnames which are in part of primary key PK1 PK2 PK3 PK4 PK5 select colname from syscat.columns where tabname ='t1' and tableschema='s' output is columnnames which are in part of primary key for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files Field by field and output the result in another file

Hi Friends, Need Help. I have file1.txt as File1.txt |123|A|7267|Hyder|Cross|Sell|7801 |995|A|7051|2008|Lunar|New|Year|Promotion|7801 |996|A|7022|Q108|Targ|Prospect|&|SSCC|Savings|Promo|7801 |997|A|7182|Q1|Feb-Apr|08|Credit|ITA|PA|SBA|Campaign|7801 File2.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 file and write result

Hi friends...I have 2 files, file1.txt and reference.txt I could able to find difference using diff and following command awk 'NR == FNR { A=1; next } !A' reference.txt file1.txt above command listing data which is not in reference.txt 12.12 87 11.95 88 11.83 89 12.55 84... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files and create a result file with unmatched lines from first file.?

HI, I have 2 text files. file1 and file2. file1.txt (There are no duplicates in this file) 1234 3232 4343 3435 6564 6767 1213 file2.txt 1234,wq,wewe,qwqw 1234,as,dfdf,dfdf 4343,asas,sdds,dsds 6767,asas,fdfd,fdffd I need to search each number in file1.txt in file2.txt's 1st... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CUT command not giving correct result inside loop

Hi, i have a source file and have 3 columns and separated by "|" .i want to split this 3 columns in different variable.When i am executing this values indivisually giving correct result but when the same execute inside a for loop,it's giving issues. Src file(jjj.txt) -------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
8 Replies
lusermod(1)						      General Commands Manual						       lusermod(1)

NAME
lusermod - Modify an user SYNOPSIS
lusermod [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Modifies the user with name user. OPTIONS
-c, --gecos=gecos Set user's GECOS field to gecos. The GECOS field is traditionally used to store user's real name and other information. -d, --directory=directory Set user's home directory to directory. -g, --gid=gid Change user's primary group ID to gid. If group with ID gid does not exist, a warning is printed, but the operation is performed anyway. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -L, --lock Lock user's account. This prevents logging in using user's password. -l, --login=name Rename user to name. -m, --movedirectory After changing user's home directory (using the -d option), move the old home directory to the new location. -P, --plainpassword=password Set user's password to password. Note that the password can be viewed while running lusermod using tools such as ps(1). -p, --password=encrypted Set user's password to the password represented by the hash encrypted. Note that the hash can be viewed while running lusermod using tools such as ps(1). -s, --shell=shell Set user's login shell to shell. -U, --unlock Unlock user's account. -u, --uid=uid Change user's user ID to uid. --commonname=name Set user's common name to name. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further lim- itations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --givenname=name Set user's given name to name. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further limi- tations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --homephone=phone Set user's home telephone number to phone. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further limitations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --roomnumber=room Set user's room number to room. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further lim- itations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --surname=name Set user's surname to name. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further limita- tions (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --telephonenumber=phone Set user's telephone number to phone. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have fur- ther limitations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser 2009-12-11 lusermod(1)