Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and change the lines in the file. Post 302570361 by michaelrozar17 on Thursday 3rd of November 2011 06:19:22 AM
Old 11-03-2011
With awk..
Code:
awk -F: '/command: /{print $1 FS " echo \"" $2 " \" ";next}1' inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to michaelrozar17 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string, then get the next 3 lines in a file

Hi all. HPUX - /bin/sh (posix) I am parsing a 3 field flat file, space deliminted example data.file acct dining mem open 0 50 dep 50 0 close 255 0 acct plus mem open 100 100 dep 50 0 close 323 0 I would like to find strings, then write the next 3 lines out to another file ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyoncc
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to change/find/delete/install a specific file

Hi Very much a newbie to UNIX & scripting, but have identified an area within work that would benefit from being automated, as its repeated manually very often, and it looks like the ideal first script! What I need to do is change directory to a users home (cd ~), and then find and remove a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Great Uncle Kip
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find lines from one file in the other and print them

Hi guys, please help me to make a loop! I have two files. File 1 2 4 7 File2 1 abc 2 cde 3 ghgj 4 kjhn 5 mbm 6 hghj 7 hgjk I need to write a script that reads lines from File1, finds them in File2 and puts in File3, so File3 should look like this: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppuca
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find lines in another file based on contents in a second file

Hello, I have a file with tab delimited columns like: File1 A 2 C R F 4 D Q C 9 A B ...... I want to grep out the lines in a second file, File2, corresponding to each line in File1 Can I do this: while read a b c d do grep '$a\t$b\t$c\t$d' File2 >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a number on a specific lines in a file with shell?

Hello My problem is that I want to change some specific numbers in a file. It is like, 2009 10 3 2349 21.3 L 40.719 27.388 10.8 FRO 7 0.8 1.1LFRO 2.6CFRO 1.1LMAM1 GAP=157 1.69 5.7 5.9 5.8 0.5405E+01 0.4455E+00 0.1653E+02E STAT SP IPHASW D HRMM SECON CODA AMPLIT... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To change Specific Lines in An XML file

hi Guys, this is my requirement, there is a huge xml file of this i have to change 3 lines with out opening the file /users/oracle > cat lnxdb-pts-454.xml|egrep "s_virtual|s_cluster|s_dlsnstatus" <cluster_port oa_var="s_clusterServicePort">9998</cluster_port> <host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarlaku
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to take file numbers from a file, pass them to sed to change strings in corresponding lines

I have a bunch of file numbers in the file 'test': I'm trying the above command to change all the instances of "H" to "Na+" in the file testsds.pdb at the line numbers indicated in the file 'test'. I've tried the following and various similar alternatives but nothing is working: cat test |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] find pattern, change next two lines

Hi, hope you can help me... It seems like a straightforward problem, but I haven't had any success so far using my basic scripting and awk "skills": I need to find a pattern /VEL/ in an input file that looks like this: 1110SOL OW25489 1.907 7.816 26.338 -0.4365 0.4100 -0.0736 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)