Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) TextMate web server permissions Post 302570253 by cowLips on Wednesday 2nd of November 2011 06:42:49 PM
Old 11-02-2011
Thank you xbin
i have been looking at the idea of changing the group permissions for /xamppfiles/htdocs.
it has taken me a few days of looking at this. i work a grave yard shift and am a bit slow at this time in life.
thanks again.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Permissions configuration for web server

Greetings! I have a Solaris workstation that I use for web hosting. It runs SAMP and everything was working good for me until I got a need to add a couple of co-workers to help me with development. I'm trying to find some guidance for how to set up filesystem permissions so everybody would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Web Server/Permissions issues.

I do not know if this is the correct place to post this, and I have tried to trawl through relevant articles to fix the issue, but I am stumped. I have a server, log as root. var/www is root:root var/www/website-one is root:root var/www/website-one/neosmart-stream is root:root This... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LightCastle
10 Replies
check-permissions(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     check-permissions(1M)

NAME
check-permissions - check permissions on mail rerouting files SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-permissions [login] DESCRIPTION
The check-permissions script is intended as a migration aid for sendmail(1M). It checks the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file for all configured alias files, and checks the alias files for :include: files. It also checks for certain .forward files. For each file that check-permis- sions checks, it verifies that none of the parent directories are group- or world-writable. If any directories are overly permissive, it is reported. Otherwise it reports that no unsafe directories were found. As to which .forward files are checked, it depends on the arguments included on the command line. If no argument is given, the current user's home directory is checked for the presence of a .forward file. If any arguments are given, they are assumed to be valid logins, and the home directory of each one is checked. If the special argument ALL is given, the passwd entry in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file is checked, and all password entries that can be obtained through the switch file are checked. In large domains, this can be time-consuming. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: login Where login is a valid user name, checks the home directory for login. ALL Checks the home directory of all users. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf Defines environment for sendmail /etc/mail/aliases Ascii mail aliases file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getent(1M), sendmail(1M), aliases(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Nov 2003 check-permissions(1M)