Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Moving tapes
Operating Systems AIX Moving tapes Post 302569972 by h@foorsa.biz on Wednesday 2nd of November 2011 07:13:41 AM
Old 11-02-2011
post the output of the following command
Code:
$lsdev -Cc tape

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tapes

is there a command to check unoccupied space on a tape ? AIX 3.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving tapes with NetBackup

Does anyone know how to move tapes within a library to the load port using NetBackup? robtest will not work with NetBackup running, and I would like to have a script move the tapes to be sent offsite to the load port for easier removal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tapes

:confused: Hello!! I am a new UNIX user, and I need to back up some files, I have some old ones and I have been trying to delete the old information with 'mt erase' but I don't be sure if it works, and 'mt resert' but the it gave a message suggesting me to use 'scsiha -r' (but the last one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scs
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar/Tapes: Can somebody explain this to me......

Hey Folks, Can somebody please explain what the crack is with this problem. I have a backup folder in /var which contains 4 rsync'd server folders: server08 server15 server16 server18 They all contain the etc folder from the server, and other important data I need to backup. To... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: modaceface
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to tar to multiple tapes

how to tar to multiple tapes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sean dixon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying DAT tapes

I am looking for a way of making a backup of a system DAT tape onto another DAT tape for security reasons. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnrussell
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Copying DAT tapes

I am trying to find a way of copying a system DAT tape onto another DAT tape for security reasons. I have tried searching the net for commands but so far I have been unsuccessful. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnrussell
2 Replies

9. Solaris

vxdump with more tapes

Hi Community, I've a V440 Sun Server with 2 device tape of 72GB. I have to backup a folder of 80 GB, so I have to use 2 tapes of 72GB (144 GB); If I use vxdump command which are the options that I have to use? When the first tape finishes does the system stop the backup? Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

duplicating ignite tapes

I have a B180L controller running HP-UX 10.2 with an internal DDS2 tape drive and an external Surestore DDS (24gb) tape drive. I want to make duplicate copies of ignite tapes from one tape drive to another. What is the best way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garyb
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)