Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lvrename to a mounted device
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers lvrename to a mounted device Post 302569339 by galuzan on Monday 31st of October 2011 01:59:31 AM
Old 10-31-2011
no output

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Checking if device is mounted..

Hi, I want to check if a device is mounted before performing actual mount. I was able to check that using the below C code. But in C++ it is throwing the following error: " error: invalid conversion from `int' to `const char*' " C program just generated a warning message, but C++ throws... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
3 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Not mounted, no-driver USB device in terminal (how to access?)

hi, i am on a quest to access and even mount if possible a drive on os x. there is no driver for the device, but it lists fine in the system profiler. can i access its location from the terminal? how? here is what i get on the system profiler: Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sontarieh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which system calls to move data on a device with mounted partitions?

I need to be able to move data around a disk that has mounted partitions. I am not touching the data on the mounted partition, the MBR or any other disk metadata, only the freespace and unmounted partitions. At the moment I am using libparted but it causes data corruption sometimes although there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vstrom
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
LVRENAME(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVRENAME(8)

NAME
lvrename - rename a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvrename [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f|--force] [--noudevsync] {OldLogi- calVolume{Name|Path} NewLogicalVolume{Name|Path} | VolumeGroupName OldLogicalVolumeName NewLogicalVolumeName } DESCRIPTION
lvrename renames an existing logical volume from OldLogicalVolume{Name|Path} to NewLogicalVolume{Name|Path}. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLE
To rename lvold in volume group vg02 to lvnew: lvrename /dev/vg02/lvold vg02/lvnew An alternate syntax to rename this logical volume is: lvrename vg02 lvold lvnew SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvchange(8), vgcreate(8), vgrename(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVRENAME(8)