Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove files with ps -ef |grep Post 302569054 by jayan_jay on Saturday 29th of October 2011 08:07:44 AM
Old 10-29-2011
Code:
ps -ef |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh | grep -v grep |awk '{print "kill -9 "$2}' | sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using grep and to remove all word with uppercase

I try to write a small script that looks in the file tt for all the words that start with m in lowercase and in which there is no uppercase. #!/bin/sh grep ^m\.*\.\.* tt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep, remove and conconate -- xml files

suse linux 10 here. I have two xml files here and both contain <sf> and </sf> tags in almost beginning and towards the end fo the files. I need to remove the </sf> tag from the first file and the <sf> from the second file and combine both the files into one. I have tried the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for certain files using a file as input to grep and then move

Hi All, I need to grep few files which has words like the below in the file name , which i want to put it in a file and and grep for the files which contain these names and move it to a new directory , full file name -C20091210.1000-20091210.1100_SMGBSC3:1000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anita07
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or sed. How to remove certain characters

Here is my problem. I have a list of phone numbers that I want to use only the last 4 digits as PINs for something I am working on. I have all the numbers in a file but now I want to be removed all items EXCEPT the last 4 digits. I have seen sed commands and some grep commands but I am... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sucio
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep command to remove blank lines

The following grep command grep -v "^$" filename > newfilename does not populate the new file with any data. I see it search the entire input file but the output file never gets filled. Is this not the correct command for what Im looking to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aispg8
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using grep to remove cells instead of lines

I would like to use grep to remove certain strings from a text file but I can't use the grep -v option because it removes the whole line that includes the string whereas I just want to remove the string. How do I go about doing that? My input file: Magmas CEU rs12542019 CPNE1 RBM12 CEU... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep to remove cells instead of whole lines

I would like to use grep to remove certain strings from a text file but I can't use the grep -v option because it removes the whole line that includes the string whereas I just want to remove the string. How do I go about doing that? My input file: Magmas CEU rs12542019 CPNE1 RBM12 CEU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to remove blank space

Hi All, Need help to grep blank and copy to file. I have a file in below format dns1dm06_10, dns2dm02_04, dbidub,10000000c9a46d0c gbpuhci,10000000c948b00a ibtur001,10000000c9a1ccda yubkbtp1,10000000c93fec5b I need to copy to all lines which doesn't have wwn >> no-wwn.txt 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to remove non-ASCII characters

I have been having an encoding problem that I need to solve. I have an 4-column tab-separated file: I need to remove all of the lines that contain the string 'vis-à-vis' achiever-n vis-à-vis+ns-j+vp oppose-v 1 achiever-n vis-à-vis+ns-the+vg assess-v 1 administrator-n ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to remove and add specified characters

I have the following type of 2 column file: motility - role - supplementation - age b ancestry b purity b recommendation b serenity b unease b carving f expansion f I would like to print only certain sections of the file depending on the value of the second column. For instance,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)