Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Cancelling print jobs for an entire month Post 302568518 by satish51392111 on Thursday 27th of October 2011 12:42:39 PM
Old 10-27-2011
Man, that code is working really gooooood!!! Smilie Smilie
Many thanks vbe. Really great help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of Month - Cron Jobs

I am running AIX 5.3 with the default shell as ksh. I would like to know how to run a cron job on this system the last calendar day of the month. I found an example, but, I'm not sure if it will work with AIX and ksh... 02 16 * * * && /home/user/job-eom.kshI also need to be able to run a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jthompson333
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print entire line after if lookup

I hope this is a basic question. I have a file with a bunch of strings in each line (and the string number is variable). What I want to do is a simple if command and then print the entire line. something like awk '{if ($3=="yes") print $1,$2,$3,...$X }' infile > outfile Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a pattern and print entire record

Hi friends, This is my very first post on forum, so kindly excuse if my doubts are found too silly. I am trying to automate a piece of routine work and this is where I am stuck at the moment-I need to grep a particular ID through a file containing many records(which start with <LRECORD> and end... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: faiz1985
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the entire line if second field has value P

Friends, I have .txt file with 3 millions of rows. File1.txt ABC1|A|ABCD1|XYZ1 ABC2|P|ABCD2|XYZ2 ABC3|A|ABCD3|XYZ3 ABC4|P|ABCD4|XYZ4 If second field has value P then print the entire line. Thanks in advance for your help, Prashant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print entire line based on value in a column

Friends, File1.txt abc|0|xyz 123|129|opq def|0|678 890|pqw|sdf How do I print the entire line where second column has value is 0? Expected Result: abc|0|xyz def|0|678 Thanks, Prashant ---------- Post updated at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:06 PM ---------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print entire columns into new file

Dear All, I am having trouble obtaining the 3 outfiles (as shown below) from a single input file. Could you please help?? INPUT: filename a b c 1 4 2 3 3 2 4 2 7 OUTPUT: outfile1 (a.dat) 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matched string instead of entire line

Hi, I have a file whose lines are something like Tchampionspsq^@~^@^^^A^@^@^@^A^A^Aÿð^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^?ð^@^@^@^@^@^@^@?ð^@^@^@^@^@^@pppsq^@~^@#@^@^@^@^@^@^Hw^H^@^@^@^K^@^@^@^@xp^At^@^FTtime2psq^@ ~^@^^^A^@^@^@^B^A I need to extract all words matching T*psq from the file. Thing is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print text between 2 strings for the entire file

hey guys, for the following output: starting open open close close starting close starting open close close starting open open close open (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boaz733
2 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)