Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: odbc libraries
Operating Systems Solaris odbc libraries Post 302568194 by Bill L. on Wednesday 26th of October 2011 03:06:24 PM
Old 10-26-2011
try - i'm HP-UX !!!

Code:
export ODBCHOME=/opt/odbc/odbc92_v6 
export ODBCINI=$ODBCHOME/obdc.ini 

# Set up the Shared Library Path: 
SHLIB_PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib:$ODBCHOME/lib:/usr/local:/
opt/IBM/db2/V9.1/lib64:$SHLIB_PATH

kind of stuck myself...

can't override LD_LIBRARY_PATH ...

---------- Post updated at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:03 PM ----------

also -
i have
Code:
 ga016a501 -> cat .profile1 | grep -i ld_lib | more                             
        #export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/ccs/lib:         
        #unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH                                                  
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/odbc/odbc92_v6/lib:/home/uzdbwhi0/sqllib/lib64:/hom
e/uzdbwhi0/sqllib/lib32                                                         
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

i get
Code:
[/home/uzassi0 - uzassi0] 
ga016a501 -> env | grep -i ld_lib 
D_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/uzdbwhi0/sqllib/lib64:/home/uzdbwhi0/sqllib/lib32

GRRRRRRRR..

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags <- click the link!

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-02-2011 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: code tags, see PM
Bill L.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle Odbc

Hello all, i like to install an application program that will interact with the oracle database. oracle has been installed in /export/home/oracle does the new application has to be in the same directory and if not which one do you recommend? There is a drive like the ODBC in oracle to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Aix 5.3 L Odbc

Dose anybody knows about Installation and setup of ODBC under AIX 5.3 L (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uhdesai
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC Version

how to find the version of ODBC and the database drivers in Unix box :eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunath_mv
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC on UNIX

I see several questions regarding setting up ODBC on UNIX machines but I don't see any replies. I always thought ODBC was only possible on Windows machines, but I've recently heard drivers do exist for ODBC on UNIX. Does anyone know any more details about this: How to set up ODBC on UNIX, web sites... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggmar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_hashref failed: [unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of r

Here is part of my program code: #Collect the output of test database and count the no #of rows too while(my @array = $tstDbStatementHandle->fetchrow_array) { push @tstDbOutputArray,; $tstDbOutputRows++; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerstephen
3 Replies

6. AIX

ODBC on AIX

I´m using an app that uses odbc to connect to the data base, i thought odbc was only available for NT plataforms...anybody knows how to create an odbc connection on AIX 5.1 (if possible). Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulcarbajal
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

odbc installation on linux.

HI All, I am trying to install odbc driver for mysql on linux red hat. when I try to install it using rpm then i get dependency error and when I try to find that dependent package then I am unable to find it on web. can you plz help me how can I install it. Thanks. # rpm -ivh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unix ODBC Issues

Hello, I'm trying to get an ODBC connection to Oracle 10g database by following the below steps: 1. Downloaded UnixODBC 2.2.14 binary and extracted the contents 2. Added the following lines to /etc/profile: LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/optware/unixODBC/lib/" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sviswa30
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl ODBC error

my question (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC Hive error

Hi , I am trying to setup HIVE ODBC with below setting Host: Local host port : 10000 Database : Default Hive server type : Hive server 2 Mechanism: User But getting below error: Driver Version: V2.5.0.1001 Running connectivity tests... Attempting connection Failed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
1 Replies
ENVIRONMENT.D(5)                                                   environment.d                                                  ENVIRONMENT.D(5)

NAME
environment.d - Definition of user session environment SYNOPSIS
~/.config/environment.d/*.conf /etc/environment.d/*.conf /run/environment.d/*.conf /usr/lib/environment.d/*.conf /etc/environment DESCRIPTION
The environment.d directories contain a list of "global" environment variable assignments for the user environment. systemd-environment-d- generator(8) parses them and updates the environment exported by the systemd user instance to the services it starts. It is recommended to use numerical prefixes for file names to simplify ordering. For backwards compatibility, a symlink to /etc/environment is installed, so this file is also parsed. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
Configuration files are read from directories in /etc/, /run/, and /lib/, in order of precedence. Each configuration file in these configuration directories shall be named in the style of filename.conf. Files in /etc/ override files with the same name in /run/ and /lib/. Files in /run/ override files with the same name in /lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /lib/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. All configuration files are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the directories they reside in. If multiple files specify the same option, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name will take precedence. It is recommended to prefix all filenames with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. If the administrator wants to disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. If the vendor configuration file is included in the initrd image, the image has to be regenerated. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
The configuration files contain a list of "KEY=VALUE" environment variable assignments, separated by newlines. The right hand side of these assignments may reference previously defined environment variables, using the "${OTHER_KEY}" and "$OTHER_KEY" format. It is also possible to use "${FOO:-DEFAULT_VALUE}" to expand in the same way as "${FOO}" unless the expansion would be empty, in which case it expands to DEFAULT_VALUE, and use "${FOO:+ALTERNATE_VALUE}" to expand to ALTERNATE_VALUE as long as "${FOO}" would have expanded to a non-empty value. No other elements of shell syntax are supported. Each KEY must be a valid variable name. Empty lines and lines beginning with the comment character "#" are ignored. Example Example 1. Setup environment to allow access to a program installed in /opt/foo /etc/environment.d/60-foo.conf: FOO_DEBUG=force-software-gl,log-verbose PATH=/opt/foo/bin:$PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/foo/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/foo/share:${XDG_DATA_DIRS:-/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/} SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-environment-d-generator(8), systemd.environment-generator(7) systemd 237 ENVIRONMENT.D(5)