Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Ethtool script not running on boot. Post 302566888 by mark54g on Friday 21st of October 2011 11:28:52 AM
Old 10-21-2011
how are you doing this? Why is it trying to compile the E100 driver when you are using a gigabit adapter?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program on boot!

Hi there! I tried to search for something like this here but couldn't find anything. I need to run a specific program when linux starts up. I need to run it after the rp-pppoe has started because this prog needs internet connection. I start the program by entering ./dynix start (its in my home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compile a code for running on boot

How can I compile a code that can be runned on boot:?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4n1l0d
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

system not booting after running local boot scripts

I have two systems in my computer . I update the ubuntu system these days and always interrupt it and exit the system . now the system cannot boot after Running local boot scripts(/etc/rc.local), it just stops there. i have to terminate the gnome display manager. what can i do with it ? thank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcb3210
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ethtool : command not found

Hi, I am uising Suse linux on my system and i tried : man ethtool and i got the manual for ethtool but when i tried to use the command as: ethtool -a eth0 it says Command not found. also, i tried rpm -qa|grep ethtool i got: ethtool-3-15.2 so,it means my system has ethtool server or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

6. Programming

ethtool problem

Hi, I'm using ethtool to change network settings: Just for the experiment, i want to change speed to 10, instead of 100, I type: ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off and to view settings i type: ethtool eth0, and get this: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex889
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check service is running at boot

dears am having solaris 10, and i would like to know if the NTP service is running when the OS staritng?on the other hand how can i make it start at the boot up?note the ntp is managed by the SMF in solaris 10. thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can't boot RHEL7.2 due to "Start Job is Running"

Dear community, as already done tons of times, I prepare the RedHat installation on VMWare, then clone it with clonezilla, and finally restore it on final server. Due to different hrdware, I have to boot from rhel-server-7.4-x86_64-boot.iso cd and rewrite the initramfs that contains the hardware... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ethtool command not working

Hi All, I am trying to find my NIC card speed in centos 5. But i am unable to get the info using ethtool command. # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link detected: yes and even tried to look for the file # cd /sys/class/net/eth0/speed files which is also not available.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
8 Replies
REBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 REBOOT(8)

NAME
reboot, halt, fastboot, fasthalt -- stopping and restarting the system SYNOPSIS
halt [-lnpq] [-k kernel] reboot [-dlnpq] [-k kernel] fasthalt [-lnpq] [-k kernel] fastboot [-dlnpq] [-k kernel] DESCRIPTION
The halt and reboot utilities flush the file system cache to disk, send all running processes a SIGTERM (and subsequently a SIGKILL) and, respectively, halt or restart the system. The action is logged, including entering a shutdown record into the user accounting database. The options are as follows: -d The system is requested to create a crash dump. This option is supported only when rebooting, and it has no effect unless a dump device has previously been specified with dumpon(8). -k kernel Boot the specified kernel on the next system boot. If the kernel boots successfully, the default kernel will be booted on successive boots, this is a one-shot option. If the boot fails, the system will continue attempting to boot kernel until the boot process is interrupted and a valid kernel booted. This may change in the future. -l The halt or reboot is not logged to the system log. This option is intended for applications such as shutdown(8), that call reboot or halt and log this themselves. -n The file system cache is not flushed. This option should probably not be used. -p The system will turn off the power if it can. If the power down action fails, the system will halt or reboot normally, depending on whether halt or reboot was called. -q The system is halted or restarted quickly and ungracefully, and only the flushing of the file system cache is performed (if the -n option is not specified). This option should probably not be used. The fasthalt and fastboot utilities are nothing more than aliases for the halt and reboot utilities. Normally, the shutdown(8) utility is used when the system needs to be halted or restarted, giving users advance warning of their impending doom and cleanly terminating specific programs. SEE ALSO
getutxent(3), boot(8), dumpon(8), nextboot(8), savecore(8), shutdown(8), sync(8) HISTORY
A reboot utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
October 11, 2010 BSD