Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Ethtool script not running on boot. Post 302566719 by venikathir on Friday 21st of October 2011 02:19:27 AM
Old 10-21-2011
Can u try upgrade the latest firmware in to your and try this .... !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program on boot!

Hi there! I tried to search for something like this here but couldn't find anything. I need to run a specific program when linux starts up. I need to run it after the rp-pppoe has started because this prog needs internet connection. I start the program by entering ./dynix start (its in my home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compile a code for running on boot

How can I compile a code that can be runned on boot:?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4n1l0d
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

system not booting after running local boot scripts

I have two systems in my computer . I update the ubuntu system these days and always interrupt it and exit the system . now the system cannot boot after Running local boot scripts(/etc/rc.local), it just stops there. i have to terminate the gnome display manager. what can i do with it ? thank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcb3210
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ethtool : command not found

Hi, I am uising Suse linux on my system and i tried : man ethtool and i got the manual for ethtool but when i tried to use the command as: ethtool -a eth0 it says Command not found. also, i tried rpm -qa|grep ethtool i got: ethtool-3-15.2 so,it means my system has ethtool server or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

6. Programming

ethtool problem

Hi, I'm using ethtool to change network settings: Just for the experiment, i want to change speed to 10, instead of 100, I type: ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off and to view settings i type: ethtool eth0, and get this: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex889
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check service is running at boot

dears am having solaris 10, and i would like to know if the NTP service is running when the OS staritng?on the other hand how can i make it start at the boot up?note the ntp is managed by the SMF in solaris 10. thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can't boot RHEL7.2 due to "Start Job is Running"

Dear community, as already done tons of times, I prepare the RedHat installation on VMWare, then clone it with clonezilla, and finally restore it on final server. Due to different hrdware, I have to boot from rhel-server-7.4-x86_64-boot.iso cd and rewrite the initramfs that contains the hardware... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ethtool command not working

Hi All, I am trying to find my NIC card speed in centos 5. But i am unable to get the info using ethtool command. # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link detected: yes and even tried to look for the file # cd /sys/class/net/eth0/speed files which is also not available.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
8 Replies
selinux-policy-upgrade(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 selinux-policy-upgrade(8)

NAME
selinux-policy-upgrade - upgrade the modules in the SE Linux policy database from a policy package SYNOPSIS
selinux-policy-upgrade DESCRIPTION
selinux-policy-upgrade this command will upgrade all policy modules (including the base modules) for to the versions that are under /usr/share/selinux/SELINUXTYPE SEE ALSO
selinux(8), sestatus(8), selinuxenabled(1), load_policy(8), semodule(8), postfix-nochroot(8), check-selinux-installation(8), selinux-con- fig-enforcing(8), http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux - More about SELinux Debian install, http://etbe.coker.com.au/tag/selinux/ - Russell's SE Linux blog posts. AUTHOR
This program and it's man page was written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Per- mission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3. selinux-policy-upgrade(8)