Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to create - Central access printer.. Post 302565441 by csorhand on Tuesday 18th of October 2011 12:51:07 AM
Old 10-18-2011
You can create the following via

smitty printer

select wether you want it as IP printer / jet direct printer > select HP printer model. Create a spooler name " SapErpDev_DEV_00 " > modify the /etc/hosts and put the name of the "SapErpDev IP : 172.30.1.17" and its IP.

To test print

lp -mdSapErpDev_DEV_00 /etc/motd ----> this will print the /etc/motd

Spoolserver : SapErpDev_DEV_00

Host : SapErpDev IP : 172.30.1.17

Device type : HPLJ4

Printer model - HPLJ 4 : HP laserjet 4 series PCL - 5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to create a new ftp user account with limited access..?

Hi All, I'm using solaris 2.8, and I want create a new ftp user account with the following restrictions: - Have only ftp access, no telnet or rlogin - Have restricted access to its home directory example /export/home/newuser - Deny access to any other directory. Thanks for your help, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeremy3
6 Replies

2. SCO

Create dummy printer

On SCO Openserver we create a so called dummy printer that directs to /dev/null (we use this in our software to purge some stuff). Now I have SCO UnixWare 7.1.4, but I cannot create a dummy printer. I create the printer exactly as in Openserver by the Printer Manager, - Enter spoolname -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: p.vvugt
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create and access a directory in the same script using variables

I have a working script that defines the paths using variables which is used to move a rename files that are being archived. Is there a way to create a directory in the path with the date as the name and then reference it when moving the file to it? Here is what I have tried with no luck.... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Snickyt0310
1 Replies

4. AIX

Create pdf printer queu

I need to create a print queue in AIX to be able to print directly to pdf (or a network based printer) from a informix based application (Genero/FourJ). I have a AIX 5.3 a I canīt find any documentation for this. If possible I would not like to use any thirth party software. Can someone help me on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marques_rmc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To create user name with read only access

hi, how to create user name with read only access. i think first need to create group with read only access after that i need to create the user and assign it to that group. If it is correct, how to create user with read only access? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of commands in a central location, and then run them all remotely through a ssh here

I'm trying to write a script that in the end will from one central location hop to a bunch of servers and then run a series of ping tests. The thing is, the list of devices that needs to be pinged is going to be different for each server. So what I want to do is be able to do is read through the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Network Printer access

Hi , We are trying to add a network printer (HP laser jet ) which is a part of windows server 2003 from solaris 10 server using lpadmin command. Both the Solaris 10 and windows server being in the same domain . The printer details are getting added in the /etc/printers.conf . But we are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create user with access only to one folder through ftp?

Hi all, Can someone help me with creating user with special privilegies? I need to create user who will have access ONLY to one folder (like /etc/log/) through ftp (read only access) and which will not have any other ways to log in like telnet, ssh etc.? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Create Unix printer in sun Solaris

Guy's Can anyone explain how to Create Unix printer in Solaris what's the exact steps to create Unix direct printer ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user with access only to one command

Hi all, Is there any way to create linux user with access only one defined command? For example, I want new user has access only to ls command. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
7 Replies
printmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      printmgr(1M)

NAME
printmgr - Solaris Print Manager is a graphical user interface for managing printers in a network SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/printmgr DESCRIPTION
Solaris Print Manager is a Java-based graphical user interface that enables you to manage local and remote printer access. This tool can be used in the following name service environments: LDAP, NIS, NIS+, and files. You must be logged in as superuser to use this tool. Using Solaris Printer Manager is the preferred method for managing printer access because Solaris Print Manager centralizes printer infor- mation when it is used in a name service environment. Adding printer information to a name service makes access to printers available to all systems on the network and generally makes printer administration easier because all the information about printers is centralized. Solaris Print Manager may be run on a remote system with the display sent to the local system. See the System Administration Guide: Solaris Printing for instructions on setting the DISPLAY environment variable. Using Solaris Print Manager to perform printer-related tasks automatically updates the appropriate printer databases. Solaris Print Manager also includes a command-line console that displays the lp command line for the add, modify, and delete printer operations. Errors and warn- ings may also be displayed when Printer Manager operations are performed. Help is available by clicking the Help button. USAGE
Solaris Print Manager enables you to do the following tasks: Select a Name Service Select a name service for retrieving or changing printer information. Add Access to a Printer Add printer access on a printer client using Solaris Print Manager. Add an Attached Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Add a Network Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Modify Printer Properties After adding access to a printer or adding an attached or network printer, you can modify certain printer attributes. Delete a Printer Delete access to a printer from the print client or delete a printer from the print server or from the name service environment. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWppm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap(1), lpget(1M), lpset(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Solaris Printing for information on LDAP server replication. Although users can use the LDAP command line utilities ldapadd(1) and ldapmodify(1)to update printer entries in the directory, the pre- ferred method is to use lpset. Otherwise, if the lpadd and lpmodify utilities are used, the administrator must ensure that the printer-name attribute value is unique within the ou=printers container on the LDAP server. If the value is not unique, the result of modifications done using lpset or the Solaris Print Manager, printmgr may be unpredictable. SunOS 5.11 23 May 2003 printmgr(1M)