Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Induct two functions in a single function Post 302564674 by rohit22hamirpur on Friday 14th of October 2011 09:51:33 AM
Old 10-14-2011
Induct two functions in a single function

Code:
echo -en "Enter the logmsg="  {D1234,S1234 | rohit singh}
read logmsg
logmsg1=${logmsg%%|*};
echo $logmsg1 |sed "s/$/,/g"|sed 's/[ \t]*$//'>pre-commit.config
logmsg_len2=$(echo ${logmsg} | awk '{print $2}');
logmsg_suffix="|";

length()
{
cat "pre-commit.config"| awk -F'[,|]' '{for(i=1;i<NF;i++) { if (length($i) <= 6) { print " success" } else { print " Defect|Story number should not be more than 6 Characters i.e. D12345 or S12345";exit 1;}}}';
}

Char()
{
echo $logmsg1 | tr ',' '\n' | awk '{if($0~/^D/||/^S/) {print " "} else {print " Defect|Story number should be started with D or S";exit 1;}}'
}

The above script is working fine but that is causing issue so I want can soneone help me how we can induct these two functions in single.

Thanks-

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in functions : file2: function: not found

Hi I had written the small script for calling a function. bash-2.03$ more file2 function sai { echo " this is an example" } echo "This is main program" echo "calling the function" sai() when executing the above script. I am getting error. bash-2.03$ sh file2 file2: function:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padarthy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call single function multiple times diff set of parameters

Okay, not sure if it can be done, I would think it could be done and I'm just having a hard time with it. fun_close_wait(){ ipVar="${1} ${2}" portVar=`cat "${5}" | cut -d' ' -f 1` for ip in $ipVar do for port in $portVar do netstatVar=`netstat -n | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the text of a single shell function?

I want to pass the text of a bash shell function to a remote machine in such a way that I can execute that function on the remote machine. For example, I can do this in a script ssh some_machine "tfunc () { echo Hello from \$(uname -n) ; } ; tfunc ; " and the function tfunc() will be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkHamilton
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible make the shell read functions 1 by 1 and calling an other function?

Greetings, I m wondering if it's possible do do the following : I have a simple function called "FindMoveDelete" which does the following : FindMoveDelete() { find . -iname "$FILENAME*.ext" -exec mv {} "$PATH/$VAR" \; && find . -maxdepth 1 -type d -iname "$FILENAME*" -exec rm -rf {}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
6 Replies

6. AIX

Calling functions from main program from dlopened library function

Hello All, I am trying to call a function from the calling main program from a dlopened library function, below is the entire code, when I execute it it crashes with sigill. Can you guys help me out I guess I am missing out on the linker flag or something here. besides I am new to AIX and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedtoah
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameters to a function and running functions in parallel

Hi , I have a script which is using a text file as I/P. I want a code where it reads n lines from this file and pass the parameters to a function and now this script should run in such a way where a function can be called in parallel with different parameters. Please find below my script, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid single line output from function

I am new to shell scripting and wished to get few things clarified. While calling functions within shell script, output comes out as single line irrespective of the no of echos or newlines I tried within function + the echo -e used to invoke function ( as instructed online) : #!/bin/sh inc() {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RMath
1 Replies

10. Programming

A single statement without main function in c

A sample.c file is written with only one single statement. main; Segmentation fault occurred when executed that file. Any statement other than main; is written, for example unix; then it won't compile. why is this behaviour ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)