Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to run top or glance non-interactively using ssh Post 302562621 by Corona688 on Friday 7th of October 2011 12:38:47 PM
Old 10-07-2011
-t -t to force ssh to use a tty on the remote host will help. You can also force TERMINAL to something valid.

Code:
ssh -t -t msi 'TERMINAL="vt100" top -n 1'

Of course, your output could be full of escape sequences since top thinks its talking to a terminal...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How do you run Unix on top of Windows?

Okay, so here's my dealio. I have a (rather old) system that runs Windows 98 Second Edition. What i wanna do is be able to run Unix from it. My question is, how do you do that? A friend told me that when you boot up, the computer will ask you which OS you want to run. I'm really not quite clear on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkAngel
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing glance using ssh

Hi, I'm running glance ussing ssh from a "HP-UX" machine for a Sun machine. Here is a sample code:- x:- HP-UX y:- Sun Extracting a value from glance outuput. ssh x@y "/opt/perf/bin/glance -f -adviser_only -iterations 2 -maxpages 1 > glance.op ; echo `head -1 glance.op | a wk '{print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Run command on sc via ssh

when i run a command on ALOM via ssh i get following error ssh root@10.23.12.51 showhosts Password: Waiting for daemons to initialize... Daemons ready shell: Invalid credentials how can i run commands without actually loging to the sc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh to run bash script

I want to use ssh to start a bash script that I have uploaded to a webhost. How do I do that from linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to format ssh top output

Hello; Am trying to generate runaway proc report using ssh thusly: =================== ssh -t -t $BOX 'TERMINAL="vt100" top -d1 -h -n 10' >> $FILE . . cat $FILE | mail -s "Latest Top `date`" $MAIL_TO ==================== But the output to e-mail comes out rather garbled .. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphys
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to run glance over ssh in batch mode

Hello; Is it possible to run glance over ssh in batch mode ?? Similar to running " top -f " command over ssh.. Need to get glance output for specific pids Thnx very much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

run command with ssh[solved]

Hi all, Is it possible to make this possible ? $ echo $SKY_HOME /var/sink/SKY $ echo $SKY_HOME /home/smily/SKY $ ssh root@xyz "echo $SKY_HOME" root@xyz 's password: ****** /home/smily/SKY wrong output I was expecting the output as /var/sink/SKY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to run addtional Shells on top of the default shell

Hi What is the command to run additional available shells on top of default shell. I am using bash also how can i tell that the additional shells are actually running? Also what is the advantage of running additional shells on top of your default login shell of bash? Lastly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bill Thompson
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple commands in ssh

Hi All, I have the below requirement. I want to copy the local file to remote after that i need to run the local script on a remote machine.When i use two ssh commnds i can achieve this. But i want to achieve this using one ssh command. Below command to copy the local file to remote ssh -q... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traverse through list of servers using ssh non-interactively.

I have 300 servers listed in servers.txt I motto is to check if my id "user1" has sudo privileges on the 3000 servers. I m using sudo -l to check if I have privileges or not. If wish to check this either non-interactively; if not; interactively. Below is the script I wrote: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M)                                                                                                                    ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)