Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix File name manipulation
Operating Systems AIX Unix File name manipulation Post 302562487 by petervg on Friday 7th of October 2011 05:03:43 AM
Old 10-07-2011
Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh
###############

ls | grep "^08078" | while read org_name ; do
        print "Org name  : $org_name"

##
        ## Split filename in separate parts
        ##
        tmp=$org_name
        pre=${tmp%%-*}

tmp=${tmp#*-}
        date=${tmp%%-*}

tmp=${tmp#*-}
        string=${tmp%%-*}

tmp=${tmp#*-}
        code=${tmp%%.*}

post=${tmp##*.}

##
        ## Split Date in Year Month and Day
        ##
        year=${date%??}
        year=${year#????}

month=${date%??????}

day=${date#??}
        day=${day%????}

##
        ## Define new name
        ##
        print "New name  : $pre-$year$month$day-$string$code.$post"
done

Code:
Org name  : 08078-08201103-H00044-CA.835
New name  : 08078-110820-H00044CA.835

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Novice - File Manipulation

Hi, I am brand new to unix and am hoping someone can start me in the right direction. I want to be able to put the results of a file command such as wc -l filename into a variable which I can then use to test against another variable...i.e. I need to show the nth line of a file, but need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmullane
3 Replies

2. Linux

string manipulation in unix

Hi, I have a question . I have script which gets info from db2 engine. The script is cat sample_substitute.sh CNTR_NM=`db2 -x "select CONTAINER_NAME ,usable_pages from table( SNAPSHOT_CONTAINER('TST103',-1)) as SNAPSHOT_CONTAINER, syscat.tablespaces where tablespace_name = tbspace and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String manipulation in Linux & Unix (Solaris)

Guy I have this below report and I need someone help me formatting it SID File Name Started Finished Backup ABC XYZ.log 10Sep09-012857\n 10Sep09-020748 Successful I need Started & Finished columns to be formatted as ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX - File/Table/Data manipulation

Hi, I have a table (e.g.): a 1 e 4 5 6 b 2 r 4 4 2 c 5 r 3 7 1 d 9 t 4 4 9 . . What I need to do is to set the values of some values in column 2 to negative values. For example, the values 2 and 9 should become -2 and -9 in the modified file. How should I go about... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a text file to CSV file with some string manipulation

Hi , I have a simple text file with contents as below: 12345678900 971,76 4234560890 22345678900 5971,72 5234560990 32345678900 71,12 6234560190 the new csv-file should be like: Column1;Column2;Column3;Column4;Column5 123456;78900;971,76;423456;0890... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating File data with custom manipulation on file names

Hi, I am confused how to proceed firther please find the problem below: Input Files: DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCRO.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_CVAS.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCR.TXT Output File Name: MMA_RFC_GEOG_NAM_DIM_LOD.txt Sample Record(DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT):(Layout same for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulation of file data with UNIX

Hello , How all doing today.. I have a little doubt in Unix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stream manipulation in UNIX shell scripting

i have a file something like this : start: 01:00:00 01:30:00 02:30:00 05:30:00 end: 01:13:00 02:00:00 02:40:00 05:45:00 and i want (end - start) total run time in below format: run: 00:13:00 00:30:00 00:10:00 00:15:00 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acme
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Manipulation - UNIX script

Hi, I have a file about 100 lines. Each line is about 2000 characters (each line is fixed length). In middle of each line is following constant value 0000040029892586 Now, I want to go through each line and increment by 1. So, line 1 will have 586 line 2 will have 587, line 3 will have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_MOVEFILES(1)