Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to look for new version of software Post 302559881 by Tommyk on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 11:18:36 AM
Old 09-28-2011
if your using Linux you could set up the web page as a yum.repo and just do a yum upgrade and it will automatically pick up anything with a new version for you.

You could set the yum command up in cron and and add something to monitor what was upgraded.

If your using another OS then not sure.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Software Version

Hi, Is there anyway to find what version of a software is installed on a particular box ? For Tru64 unix, the setld -i command lists all the software that is installed. But how do i get the version ? is there a unix command for this? Is setld specific to Tru64 ? Do reply VJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjsony
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Software Update reporting script

I need a script that gets the output of softwareupdate -al on each machine (the list of available updates) and reports how many updates are needed in total by all the machines on the network, and the results to 4 different recipients. i.e. total patches required = 12 hostname1 =4 patch(es)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an advanced version of this script

Hi there, i am completely new to this great forum and to linux. Since 3 days i work with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx and i love the powers of the shell. This script helped me a lot to understand the process a little bit. Now my problem. I have this data set, tab delimited: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shasha7
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

5. AIX

Third party software location and their version in Aix

Hi All, I am new to Aix server. I want to search the location of third party software installed on aix. I checked at location /usr/local as well as /opt. Is it the correct location for third party software installed location? If yes, then how to check their version? If not, kindly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
5 Replies
RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.						 RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)

NAME
rhnplugin.conf - Configuration file for the rhnplugin(8) yum(8) plugin. DESCRIPTION
rhnplugin.conf contains configuration options which are specific to rhnplugin(8). The configuration file is located at /etc/yum/plugin- conf.d/rhnplugin.conf. OPTIONS
enabled Either `0' or `1'. Determines whether the plugin will be used by yum or not. Default value is `1'. gpgcheck Either `0' or `1'. Determines whether gpg signature checking will be performed on packages coming from Spacewalk/Red Hat Satellite. Default value is `1'. If this option is not set, the value from yum.conf(5) will be used. timeout The amount of time (in seconds) that you want to wait for a response before timing out. If this option is not set, the value from yum.conf(5) will be used. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf The location of this configuration file. SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), yum(8), up2date(5), yum.conf(5). AUTHORS
James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> and Peter Vetere <pvetere@redhat.com>. BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2006 November 13 RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)