Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question on Redhat ver.6 RPM's Post 302558059 by samnyc on Thursday 22nd of September 2011 04:04:22 PM
Old 09-22-2011
If I use YUM to get NMAP, does that automatically download all the dependencies that it needs??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake rpm question

Env: Mdk 8.1 I downloaded the kernel-source-2.4.8-26mdk.i586.rpm from mandrake. When i try to 'pm -Uv' it, i get an error that i need to install ncurses-devel. The ncurses that is installed with mdk 8.1 is ncurses-5.2-16mdk.i586.rpm and the development version that is avail is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

2. Linux

RPM Package question

Hi, I have built one RPM last year. now we have another version of that RPM. in previous release we had few extra files then now. so when user upgrade it those files get deleted by RPM package. We want to retain those files. now for workaround i thought of backing up those file during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rpm and pkginfo question

Can the root hide some of the results of the above commands from a regular user? i.e. $>rpm and $>sudo rpm will give different results (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noam128
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

5. Fedora

Basic question regarding rpm naming convention.

Hi Guys, Where would i find the list of distribution codes. For example. samba-32bit-3.4.2 -1.1.3.1.x8664.rpm In above rpm file it is indicated that its release is 1.1.3.1 . The rpm is meant to be run for opensuse. Where would i get the linking of release number and distribution. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RedHat version in rpm spec files

Hi In opensuse we have this nice version control variable I use much when designing rpm spec files: rpm --showrc | grep suse_version %if 0%{?suse_version} > 0 && 0%{?suse_version} < 1700 -14: suse_version 1140But I do not find anything close to this in rhel/centos The only way... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mortenb
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

<<< Question related to making of RPM package >>>

Hi all, Pls provide your suggestions and advice for the below queries. I have a files like below sample $ ls -l /u01/app -rw-r--r-- 1 appusr appdba 4 Feb 20 21:35 test -rw-r--r-- 1 appusr appdba 4 Feb 20 21:35 test1 -rw-r--r-- 1 appusr appdba 4 Feb 20 21:35 test -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat - network question

Hi, I am on Redhat 5. on the /etc/sysconfig/network file I don't see GATEWAY as one line. I also checked /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0. I don't see GATEWAY. But on the server. But when I do netstat -rn. I see many address. Is there some other settings ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Installing PHP tools using RPM in Redhat Linux

Hi there, I am trying to install few PHP tools in my Linux server by creating RPMs from source ( tar.gz) files. The issue here is that the tar.gz files does not have a configure file and so I am not able to do ./configure make install opertations. I tried downloading src.rpms of these tools,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vicky81
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX rpm: a question about deps

On Solaris 10 i use pkgutil,very nice,update like "apt-get" On HPUX i use depothelper for resolv depends On AIX there is something similar for use rpm? I try this but is not the same thing. AIX Open Source Packages | FAQs / FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
yum-debug-restore(1)													      yum-debug-restore(1)

NAME
yum-debug-restore - replay Yum transactions captured in a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-restore DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-restore is a program which takes a gzipped file created by yum-debug-dump and acts on the information about installed packages contained within. GENERAL OPTIONS
--output Output the commands that would be run to stdout. --shell=<file> Output the commands that would be run to a file. --install-latest Ask yum to install the latest version of the given packages, instead of the version that was installed in the debug-dump file. --ignore-arch Ignore the architecture of the packages, so you can "restore" an i386 debug-dump on an x86_64 machine. --filter-types=[install,remove,update,downgrade] Only perform the given types of commands, so you can filter to just upgrades and installs. FILES
As yum-debug-restore uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-dump (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 15 December 2011 yum-debug-restore(1)