Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help with SED command plz Post 302557344 by champu on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 01:12:19 AM
Old 09-21-2011
Need help with SED command plz

I need two solutions

1) How can i swap the first and last character in each line of file temp
2) How can i display content of the file using sed command

Please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command - Urgent Plz.

Hi, In my current directory, i have the following files: x1.dat x2.dat.gz x3.dat I want to use the find command and display only files which has *.dat and NOT *.gz extension files. Please help me out. Thanks, Kris Kart. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kris_Kart_101
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

explain command plz

echo -n "1. Updating Password Policy in OID..." | tee -a $logfile set ldap_v1 = `ldapsearch -b "" -h $oid_host -p $oid_port -D "cn=orcladmin" -w $admin_pwd -s sub "cn=PwdPolicyEntry" dn | head -1` echo "dn:$ldap_v1" > ldap1.out echo "changetype:modify" >> ldap1.out echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maoro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trobule with sed command. Plz help?

I trying to replace a value with some other value in a file using sed command. Both the replacing and replacable values may contain special charcters (example old value="c:\\tmp" and new value="/tmp") Below is the code i am using. sed s/FCR.BASEIN_BACKUP=c:\\temp/FCR.BASEIN_BACKUP=/tmp/g... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinna
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix command help plz

I was wondering what command lines i could use to do the following. 1. mail a file to a user with a subject line "HELLO". Also, send a Blind carbon copy to a different user? 2. Display the number of files AND directories in a given directory? 3. Display the last 5 files in a given... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tragic54
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help plz with sed

I am thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help understanding 'exec' command plz

plz someone explain me what does -exec ls -Fd do? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Thanks in advance !! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sears
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies
TMPFILE(3)								 1								TMPFILE(3)

tmpfile - Creates a temporary file

SYNOPSIS
resource tmpfile (void ) DESCRIPTION
Creates a temporary file with a unique name in read-write (w+) mode and returns a file handle . The file is automatically removed when closed (for example, by calling fclose(3), or when there are no remaining references to the file handle returned by tmpfile(3)), or when the script ends. For details, consult your system documentation on the tmpfile(3) function, as well as the stdio.h header file. RETURN VALUES
Returns a file handle, similar to the one returned by fopen(3), for the new file or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tmpfile(3) example <?php $temp = tmpfile(); fwrite($temp, "writing to tempfile"); fseek($temp, 0); echo fread($temp, 1024); fclose($temp); // this removes the file ?> The above example will output: writing to tempfile SEE ALSO
tempnam(3), sys_get_temp_dir(3). PHP Documentation Group TMPFILE(3)