10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :-
./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need two solutions
1) How can i swap the first and last character in each line of file temp
2) How can i display content of the file using sed command
Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champu
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
plz someone explain me what does -exec ls -Fd do?
Thanks in advance !! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sears
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line.
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaman
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I was wondering what command lines i could use to do the following.
1. mail a file to a user with a subject line "HELLO". Also, send a Blind carbon copy to a different user?
2. Display the number of files AND directories in a given directory?
3. Display the last 5 files in a given... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tragic54
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
echo -n "1. Updating Password Policy in OID..." | tee -a $logfile
set ldap_v1 = `ldapsearch -b "" -h $oid_host -p $oid_port -D "cn=orcladmin" -w $admin_pwd -s sub "cn=PwdPolicyEntry" dn | head -1`
echo "dn:$ldap_v1" > ldap1.out
echo "changetype:modify" >> ldap1.out
echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maoro
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi Group ,
I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages.
- i m writing
inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls.
Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
In my current directory, i have the following files:
I want to use the find command and display only files which has *.dat and NOT *.gz extension files.
Please help me out.
Kris Kart. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kris_Kart_101
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato