Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New home elliptical trainer? Suggestions? Post 302556421 by figaro on Sunday 18th of September 2011 12:38:17 PM
Old 09-18-2011
Take one that has a strip that will hold papers or a book, so you can study while exercising.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup Suggestions.

Hi all, Have two SCO 5.0.5 systems and one Slackware(joy?) system. I've been asked to backup all three systems onto a newly acquired AIT Tape drive that we've installed on one of the SCO boxes. Using the existing cpio backup script on the one SCO works a treat and is really fast (which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup suggestions

The current backup procedure we using a tar command in linux. The files are stored in one partition in different folders. The docs stores in day wise folders like ex: /usr/data/xyz/20050129, /usr/data/xyz/20050130 .............etc We using tar & gzip command to take backup everyday. The backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looking for Suggestions...

We run WebSphere and by default it wants to install everything under /usr. While I can understand the default (everyone has a /usr) I would like to move this over to a dedicated volume group called apps and then setup my lv's and fs's here. Our WebSphere Admin doesn't like this because apparently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions on input

Hi, I have written a script which calls a process which ends up in a reboot of the system. At the end of the reboot it prompts for login & i need to provide the login details. am not able to figure out hw to do this. Doubt: will echoing login details after calling the process work? for ex:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meera
1 Replies

5. Programming

C Beginner Looking For Suggestions

A few weeks ago at the recommendation of people I trust, I bought and started reading Kernighan and Ritchie's (K&R) C Programming Language. For one thing, it's damn thin compared to the O'Reilly Practical C I just finished last month. It covers generally the same stuff but in a much more... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
9 Replies

6. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need suggestions.......

Hello there....i am a final year comp science student.......i am thinking of doing my project on unix platform......which one do u suggest?thanx in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theprasad1990
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions on this script please

i=1 out="" j=`expr 2 * $1` while do out="$out"#"" echo $out ((i=i+1)) done while do print ${out%?} ((i=i+1)) done This script is throwing an error: gurnish:/home/fnb/gurnish/saurabh/scripts> while1 3 expr: 0402-050 Syntax error. # (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
6 Replies
strip(1)						      General Commands Manual							  strip(1)

NAME
strip - Removes symbols and relocation bits SYNOPSIS
strip [-V] file... STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: strip: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
[SVID 3] Displays the version number of the strip command. DESCRIPTION
The strip command removes the symbol table and any strippable subsections of the section, including compact relocation information ordinar- ily present in executable files. This is useful to save space after a program has been debugged. The effect of strip is the same as use of the -s option to cc, c89, or ld. Note that the strip command will not strip executables with unresolved relocation entries. It also does not handle archive files. EXIT STATUS
Success. An error occurred. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the behavior of strip: Provides a default value for the locale category variables that are not set or null. If set, overrides the values of all other locale variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of byte sequences as characters (single-byte or multibyte) in input parameters and files. Determines the locale used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages displayed by the command. Determines the location of message catalogs for processing of LC_MESSAGES. Determines the directory where a temporary file will be created (if needed). If not set, the current working directory is used. SEE ALSO
Commands: ar(1), cc(1), c89(1), ld(1), mcs(1) Standards: standards(5) strip(1)