Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED | Awk flat file one liner Post 302556105 by jap2614 on Friday 16th of September 2011 02:58:34 PM
Old 09-16-2011
Question SED | Awk flat file one liner

sed awk one liner

Last edited by jap2614; 09-19-2011 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: removed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/Sed One liner for text replacement

Hi group, I want to replace the occurance of a particular text in a paragraph.I tried with Sed,but Sed only displays the result on the screen.How can i update the changes in the original file??? The solution should be a one liner using awk and sed. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishnu.bhatta
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with sed and flat file variables

Hello All, It has been a loooooooooooong time since I had last used sed but decided to use it for a simple task I have . My goal is to use sed to read variables from a flat file then use those same variables in order to make some subsitutions. However what I am finding is that when the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: icalderus
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delimit a flat file with records with SED

Hi gurus, hoping someone can help with a sed line that can do the following... I have a flat file with about 1000 records, but in order to import into openoffice spreadsheet, I need to create a delimited file. I'd like to do 2 things with the SED command: 1- add a pipe character "|" at the end... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogCor
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove last 4 characters with non-unique pattern.

Hi, I'm writing a ksh script and trying to use an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove the last 4 characters of a line in a file if it begins with a period. Here is the contents of the file... the column in which I want to remove the last 4 characters is the last column. ($6 in awk). I've... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming multiple files using sed or awk one liner

hi, I have a directory "test" under which there are 3 files a.txt,b.txt and c.txt. I need to rename those files to a.pl,b.pl and c.pl respectively. is it possible to achieve this in a sed or awk one liner? i have searched but many of them are scripts. I need to do this in a one liner. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One liner pattern search with awk/sed/grep

I have an array containing bunch of characters. I have to check this array for specific character and if "Not Found than" use a goto statement to go to USAGE set options = (A B C D E F) @ i = 0 while ($i <= ${#options}) if ($options != "F" || $options != "D") then goto USAGE endif @... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixits
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk or sed one liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: XXXX AAA234 XXXX BBB678 XXXX CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? XXXX AAA234... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What awk 1-liner will replace value in 1stField of a delimited file with the value of '5' ?

Hi, I am a newbie to awk. Here is my problem. Looking for an awk 1-liner to solve it: My Computing Environment: - Solaris10 - I prefer to use csh or sh shells 1. Lets say my input file is File1.dat (delimter = | ) and looks as follows: (File1.dat) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andy b
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed flat file manipulation

Hello, I have a large flat file where i need to change data in columns 131-133 based on what is in columns 172-173. I am not sure if I need to read the file line by line and make the change or if I can do this in a single statement. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gblmin
3 Replies
LORDER(1)						      General Commands Manual							 LORDER(1)

NAME
lorder - find ordering relation for an object library SYNOPSIS
lorder file ... DESCRIPTION
The input is one or more object or library archive (see ar(1)) files. The standard output is a list of pairs of object file names, meaning that the first file of the pair refers to external identifiers defined in the second. The output may be processed by tsort(1) to find an ordering of a library suitable for one-pass access by ld(1). This brash one-liner intends to build a new library from existing `.o' files. ar cr library `lorder *.o | tsort` FILES
*symref, *symdef nm(1), sed(1), sort(1), join(1) SEE ALSO
tsort(1), ld(1), ar(1) BUGS
The names of object files, in and out of libraries, must end with `.o'; nonsense results otherwise. LORDER(1)