Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Escape code problem again
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Escape code problem again Post 302554719 by alister on Monday 12th of September 2011 09:21:31 PM
Old 09-12-2011
Assuming that this question builds on another thread, you should at the very least include a link to that thread.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

escape codes

I did a search and found the link for escape codes,- but I am not sure how to modify this script to set the margins. I started with a script that was already written on my system to set a printer to print landscape. I need to send an report that is in an ascii file to multiple printers from my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

escape from alom

No, its not a movie, its a command to get you from the sc> ALOM prompt back to the console or ok prompt. You must log into the ALOM, then to jump back to the console enter "console -f". Problem is that this leaves you logged in on the ALOM. Question: is there an escape key sequence to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character

Hi , I want to change space to ' in my script. I tried doing this, sed 's/ /\'/g' filename but i could not get it. can some one help me please. Thanks, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakpv
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: Replacing $1 with $2 escape problem

Hi all, I have a script which uses sed to replace one string with another. The problem is, the string to be matched, and its replacement are coming in as two command line arguments $1 and $2 $1 and $2 can be absolutely anything, but both should be treated purely as strings. My sed command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark007
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with using a sed to add escape character \ before $ and ' symbols

Hi all, I've got a problem with sed. Want to use it to add escape character \ before $ and ' symbols so condition='1'$some will become condition=\'1\'\$some echo "condition='1'$some" | sed 's/\($\)/\\\1/g' is not working properly. Can somebody help me with this please? Regards,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johny_be_good
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Output of escape characters

I'm trying to figure out a problem. I echo a colored block character with this code: echo -e '\E It works. But the challenge is echoing two different blocks with two different colors. I tried everything. Heres what i tried: echo -e '\E Doesn't work. It only echoes the first block.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape Sequences

Hi Gurus, Escape sequences \n, \t, \b, \t, \033(1m are not working. I just practiced these escape sequences. It worked first. Later its not working. Also the command - echo inside the script editor shows as shaded by a color. Before that echo inside the script editor wont show like this.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaneshAnanth
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl/sed Escape Syntax Problem . . .

Greetings! I've run into this before; and am having a spot of trouble trying to figure out the way that Perl would prefer the following example syntax to be formed:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; `sed -i 's/Hi Mom!\|Hi Dad!/Bye Everyone!/I' ./test.txt`;Perl... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with escape in code

i want to add the code below to the end of every line in file4 im using this awk command to do this awk '{print $0"txt-to-print-here"}' file4 its not working because i think i need to escape the code please can someone show the right way thanks | sed 's~http*:/https:///~~g' > file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
3 Replies
ARCHIVE_WRITE_BLOCKSIZE(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				ARCHIVE_WRITE_BLOCKSIZE(3)

NAME
archive_write_get_bytes_per_block, archive_write_set_bytes_per_block, archive_write_get_bytes_in_last_block, archive_write_set_bytes_in_last_block -- functions for creating archives LIBRARY
Streaming Archive Library (libarchive, -larchive) SYNOPSIS
#include <archive.h> int archive_write_get_bytes_per_block(struct archive *); int archive_write_set_bytes_per_block(struct archive *, int bytes_per_block); int archive_write_get_bytes_in_last_block(struct archive *); int archive_write_set_bytes_in_last_block(struct archive *, int); DESCRIPTION
archive_write_set_bytes_per_block() Sets the block size used for writing the archive data. Every call to the write callback function, except possibly the last one, will use this value for the length. The default is to use a block size of 10240 bytes. Note that a block size of zero will suppress internal blocking and cause writes to be sent directly to the write callback as they occur. archive_write_get_bytes_per_block() Retrieve the block size to be used for writing. A value of -1 here indicates that the library should use default values. A value of zero indicates that internal blocking is suppressed. archive_write_set_bytes_in_last_block() Sets the block size used for writing the last block. If this value is zero, the last block will be padded to the same size as the other blocks. Otherwise, the final block will be padded to a multiple of this size. In particular, setting it to 1 will cause the final block to not be padded. For compressed output, any padding generated by this option is applied only after the compression. The uncompressed data is always unpadded. The default is to pad the last block to the full block size (note that archive_write_open_filename() will set this based on the file type). Unlike the other ``set'' functions, this function can be called after the archive is opened. archive_write_get_bytes_in_last_block() Retrieve the currently-set value for last block size. A value of -1 here indicates that the library should use default values. RETURN VALUES
archive_write_set_bytes_per_block() and archive_write_set_bytes_in_last_block() return ARCHIVE_OK on success, or ARCHIVE_FATAL. archive_write_get_bytes_per_block() and archive_write_get_bytes_in_last_block() return currently configured block size (-1 indicates the default block size), or ARCHIVE_FATAL. ERRORS
Detailed error codes and textual descriptions are available from the archive_errno() and archive_error_string() functions. SEE ALSO
tar(1), libarchive(3), archive_write_set_options(3), cpio(5), mtree(5), tar(5) BSD
February 2, 2012 BSD