Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set global rm command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers set global rm command Post 302552280 by shifahim on Friday 2nd of September 2011 08:13:08 AM
Old 09-02-2011
Question

Code:
ls -ltr /etc/profile
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys          965 Jul 13  2007 /etc/profile

whereas I am

id
uid=870(wlsadmin) gid=641(wlsgrp)

How can I get this done?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

global variable not being set

In ksh I thought a global variable was any variable in a script or function that did not have the typeset command. I have a global in my calling script which I increment in a function, but the value does not change in the calling script. Here is the code: function f_open_log { typeset -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotball
5 Replies

2. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any global command in UNIX?

Hi, I heard about some global commands for information gathering in UNIX systems. some commands which will execute on a UNIX system in a local network and other systems will reply to these command with some information about themselves. for example, from one of those UNIX machines (in a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavash
15 Replies

4. HP-UX

What is the use of command set -- and set - variable?

Hi, I am using hp unix i want to know the use of the following commands set -- set - variable thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomathi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi global replace command

I am wondering what way, I can remove a certain text with nothing. for example: MyVariable=Y7UHNI to only: Y7UHNI removing 'MyVariable=' globally? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DallasT
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to set a global alias in UNIX Solaris?

Defined a user alias in unix. Not able to use that alias in a ksh scritp. I dont want to change/source in the script to set the value. Need to set the user alias as a gloabal alias to use it in a new ksh shell window. Can you please help on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global replace command help

Hello - I am trying to use a global replace command but its not working. Here is the cmd I am using in vi: :%s/OLD/NEW/g However, in my "NEW" I already have a "/" which is not making the replace work: :%s/mytestscript.com:33232/mytestscript:70245/test.com/g the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set Global variable outside while loop

Below is my code: count=0 if ... ... else ... find * -prune -type d | sort -r -n | while read d; do count=1 if ; then echo "Count1:$count" ... ... break 2; fi ... done ... fi echo "Count2:$count" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies
DO_SETRESUID(9) 					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					   DO_SETRESUID(9)

NAME
do_setresuid, do_setresgid -- set process uid and gid SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ucred.h> int do_setresuid(struct lwp *lwp, uid_t ruid, uid_t euid, uid_t svuid, u_int flags); int do_setresgid(struct lwp *lwp, uid_t ruid, uid_t euid, uid_t svuid, u_int flags); DESCRIPTION
The do_setresuid and do_setresgid functions are used to implement the various system calls that allow a process to change its real, effec- tive, and saved uid and gid values. The do_setresuid function sets the specified processes real user ID to ruid, its effective user ID to euid, and its saved user ID to svuid. If any of the uid arguments are -1 then that assignment is skipped. If suser() is true, then any values may be assigned, otherwise the new uid values must match one of the existing values and the caller must have set the relevant bit in flags. The flags argument specifies which of the existing uid values the new value must match. It should be set to a logical OR of ID_{R,E,S}_EQ_{R,E,S}, where ID_E_EQ_R means that it is valid to set the effective ID to the current value of the real ID. The do_setresgid function sets the group IDs but otherwise behaves in the same manner as do_setresuid. The processes group list is neither examined nor effected. SEE ALSO
setregid(2), setreuid(2), setuid(2), suser(9) CODE REFERENCES
These functions are implemented in: sys/kern/kern_prot.c. HISTORY
Implemented for NetBSD 2.0 to replace ad-hoc code in each system call routine and in the various compat modules. BSD
September 28, 2003 BSD