Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix privileges for Oracle user Post 302551965 by radoulov on Thursday 1st of September 2011 08:29:58 AM
Old 09-01-2011
I believe you need some java-specific privileges,
see Tim Hall's site for more details.

Quote:
Grant Privileges

The relevant permissions must be granted from SYS for JServer to access the file system:
EXEC DBMS_JAVA.grant_permission('SCHEMA-NAME', 'java.io.FilePermission', '<<ALL FILES>>', 'read ,write, execute, delete');
EXEC DBMS_JAVA.grant_permission('SCHEMA-NAME', 'SYS:java.lang.RuntimePermission', 'writeFileDescriptor', '');
EXEC DBMS_JAVA.grant_permission('SCHEMA-NAME', 'SYS:java.lang.RuntimePermission', 'readFileDescriptor', '');
GRANT JAVAUSERPRIV TO SCHEMA-NAME;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Privileges

I have used several Linux Flavors and now I need to know something. I have the ROOT user and then I have my personal user. What I need to do is for my normal user to be able to write files to directories where appearntly, only the root user has privileges. For example, to write files to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

new user - basic privileges

I want to create a new user with very basic priviliges. How to jail the user in his home directory?? how to deny him some of unix commands (rm for example) thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. AIX

Privileges User ((Please urgent))

Hi ,,, I create new user on AIX 5.2 but the user have privileges root user Why the user have privileges root user although the user specification not the same specification root user ??? PLease help me ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX122
6 Replies

4. Solaris

user with limited privileges

Hi, I tried to search, but could not find answer for this really: Is it possible to create a user that would have access only to a defined list of files? I would like to create a user that can access a set of files that are located behind different path. This user should not have access to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juha
1 Replies

5. Linux

grant root privileges to ordinary user

Hi, Is it possible to grant root privileges to an ordinary user? Other than 'sudo', is there some way under Users/Groups configuration? I want ordinary user to be able to mount, umount and use command mt. /Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i copy user permissions(privileges) to a group

Hey there I have a problem and i was hoping that you guys could help me out I want to copy a user privileges to a group and i need to copy all privileges(Recursively) every directory with all its sub directories and I tried some solution and it did not work. I used the following command:- ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Dark Knight
14 Replies

7. Programming

Grant privileges in Oracle

i have installed oracle 10g and two databases. i enter database1 as sysdba and create a user called user1.i give the privileges as "select on" to user1. i enter sqlplus from the shell prompt. i enter as user1. but when i do "select * from emp" i have a "the table doesn't exist". how can i give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: symeje
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special group & user privileges

Special group and user privileges help I'm having some trouble understanding the group and user privileges. So let's say I make a group.. and assign some users to the groups that I made. How would I -- 1) Allow different groups and different users to have full privileges over a file with .X... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LibRid
5 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Create New User with the same group nd privileges of the other user

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to duplicate privileges and group for useroradb01 to userrootdb01. I have currently using "useroradb01" and create a newly user "userrootdb01". I want both in the sames privileges and group. Please see the existing users list below; drwxr-xr-x 53 useroradb01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

User with root privileges in hp ux

hi, i am new in hp ux and i must create a user with root privileges and so i disable ssh connection from root login. thanks.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliste
6 Replies
rmiregistry(1)						      General Commands Manual						    rmiregistry(1)

NAME
rmiregistry - Java remote object registry SYNOPSIS
rmiregistry [ port ] DESCRIPTION
The rmiregistry command creates and starts a remote object registry on the specified port on the current host. If port number is omitted, the registry is started on port 1099. The rmiregistry command produces no output and is typically run in the background. For example: example% rmiregistry & A remote object registry is a bootstrap naming service that is used by RMI servers on a host to bind remote objects to names. Clients can then look up remote objects and make remote method invocations. The registry is typically used to locate the first remote object on which an application needs to invoke methods. That object in turn pro- vides application-specific support for finding other objects. The methods of the java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry class are used to get a registry operating on a particular host or host and port. The URL-based methods of the java.rmi.Naming class operate on a registry and can be used to look up a remote object, bind a simple (string) name to a remote object, rebind a new name to a remote object (overriding the old binding), unbind a remote object, and list the URLs bound in the registry. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -Joption Used in conjunction with any java option, this option passes option (no spaces between -J and option) on to the java inter- preter. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.rmi.Naming @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/Naming.html java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/registry/LocateRegistry.html 23 Apr 2001 rmiregistry(1)