Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Database connectivity using unix Post 302551308 by pspriyanka on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 06:32:05 AM
Old 08-30-2011
there are two ways to use this command

1)mysql -u root -Jepadt -D dtdatabase

2)mysql -u root -p Jepadt -D dtdatabase

here -u-username -p -password -D-database name. Jepadt-is password here

---------- Post updated at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:36 PM ----------

Got the solution Smilie

write command is-

mysql -u root -pJepadt -D dtdatabase

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity

Dear all, can any body help me about database connectivity? i want to data by extracting from oracle... so please give me some idea... Thanks, Regards, Pankaj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panknil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos-Unix Connectivity

Hi, Is there any method to connect unix box(Excecuting unix commands through Batch Files) through DOS prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking sql connectivity in unix

hi, i am using a sqlplus connection in one of my shell scripts. i want to check if the connection is set properly or not.. can i use '$?' to check the status of the sql connectivity..? or is there any other option to do that..? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity

Hi All, How can we access oracle database which is in another server using shell scripts? Please share your ideas. Regards, Raja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajakct84
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Teradata connectivity through UNIX by use bteq

Hi, I want a script for connecting teradata to load the file to teradata table. Can you please help me out. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victory
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help with Windows to Unix connectivity

Hi Can we pass the parameter from the excel in windows and invoke the unix shell script from excel VBA by passing this parameter and get the results of shell script to the excel sheet? We tried to get the things in unix independently but we still strucked in connecting the excel to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
5 Replies
mysql(1)							  MySQL database							  mysql(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - Fixes MySQL privilege tables. SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables [mysql_root_password] DESCRIPTION
This scripts updates the mysql.user, mysql.db, mysql.host and the mysql.func tables to MySQL 3.22.14 and above. This is needed if you want to use the new GRANT functions, CREATE AGGREGATE FUNCTION or want to use the more secure passwords in 3.23 If you get 'Access denied' errors, run the script again and give the MySQL root user password as an argument. SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org>. MySQL is available at http://www.mysql.com/. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 17 March 2003 mysql(1)