Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Comments on "How Will the World End?" Post 302551121 by Neo on Monday 29th of August 2011 12:31:43 PM
Old 08-29-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson
Neo, you're being inconsistent.
But to try to introduce a modicum of consistency, please delete the word "Religious" from "Crazy people unleash a deady Virus (Politics, Religion)" (and correct the spelling of "deadly"), and "Spiritual" from "Other (Personal, Spiritual)".
OK. Deleted.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Couldn't compile the simple "Hello World"

So, this is my first C++ program under linux. My OS is Red Hat 8.0, and my codes are like following: $vi hello.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; } $ g++ -o hello hello.cpp the error message are: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use "read" with a text file with comments

Hi, I read a .txt file with read command. while read PC USER PASS SHARE EXCL do ... done The file is like this: pc1 usr pc01 parts pc2 usr pc02 parts nobackup pc3 usr pc03 parts pc4 usr pc04 parts pc10 usr pc10 parts nobackup pc13 usr pc13 share,share_2 noshare,noshare_2But if I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

5. Programming

Exact meaning of the "world" in "hello world"

Hello! I have a question to native English-speaking people. In the popular program's "hello world" greeting, what meaning the "world" has: "all", "everybody", "people", "friends" or "whole world", "planet", "Earth", "Universe"? In other words, to whom this greeting is addressed: to the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eugene Muzychen
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
STRISTR(3)								 1								STRISTR(3)

stristr - Case-insensitivestrstr(3)

SYNOPSIS
string stristr (string $haystack, mixed $needle, [bool $before_needle = false]) DESCRIPTION
Returns all of $haystack starting from and including the first occurrence of $needle to the end. PARAMETERS
o $haystack - The string to search in o $needle - If $needle is not a string, it is converted to an integer and applied as the ordinal value of a character. o $before_needle - If TRUE, stristr(3) returns the part of the $haystack before the first occurrence of the $needle (excluding needle). $needle and $haystack are examined in a case-insensitive manner. RETURN VALUES
Returns the matched substring. If $needle is not found, returns FALSE. CHANGELOG
+--------+-----------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Added the optional parameter $before_needle. | | | | | 4.3.0 | | | | | | | stristr(3) was made binary safe. | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 stristr(3) example <?php $email = 'USER@EXAMPLE.com'; echo stristr($email, 'e'); // outputs ER@EXAMPLE.com echo stristr($email, 'e', true); // As of PHP 5.3.0, outputs US ?> Example #2 Testing if a string is found or not <?php $string = 'Hello World!'; if(stristr($string, 'earth') === FALSE) { echo '"earth" not found in string'; } // outputs: "earth" not found in string ?> Example #3 Using a non "string" needle <?php $string = 'APPLE'; echo stristr($string, 97); // 97 = lowercase a // outputs: APPLE ?> NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. SEE ALSO
strstr(3), strrchr(3), stripos(3), strpbrk(3), preg_match(3). PHP Documentation Group STRISTR(3)