Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using AWK and regex
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using AWK and regex Post 302550754 by royalibrahim on Saturday 27th of August 2011 03:16:32 AM
Old 08-27-2011
Can anyone help to get the format asked by krashraj?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or regex

Hi! I want to made a program that will generate code like this: {{Navedi XYZ |avtor=XYZ1 |naslov=XYZ2 |leto_izzida=XYZ3 |zalozba=XYZ4 |kraj=XYZ5 |isbn=XYZ6 |cobiss_id=XYZ7 }} from input like this: <b> ODGOVORNOST............. : <a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smihael
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a regex with awk

I have a regexp that I wish to match against every line of a file using awk. But I do not want to substitute it or select the line. I want to pull the matched text out and put it in a different file, line by line. What is the correct awk usage to *extract* a regexp and put it in another... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enobarbus37
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK regex to find only numbers

Hi guys I need to find both negative and positive numbers from the following text file. And i also dont need 0. 0 8 -7 -2268 007 -07 -00 -0a0 0a0 -07a0 7a00 0a0 Can someone please give a regex to filter out the values in red. I tried a few things in awk but it didnt work... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridanu
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variables in regex expression ?

Hello, Could someone explain why this one returns nothing: $ x=/jon/ $ echo jon | awk -v xa=$x '$1~xa {print}' $ while the following works fine: $ x=jon $ echo jon | awk -v xa=$x '$1==xa {print}' $ jon and the following works fine: $ echo jon | awk '$1~/jon/ {print}' $ jon ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk regex problem

hi everyone suppose my input file is ABC-12345 ABCD-12345 BCD-123456 i want to search the specific pattern which looks like - in a file so i used this command cat $file | awk ' { if ($0 ~ /-/) { print } }' so it gives me the result as ABCD-12345 BCD-12345 BCD-12345 ... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
31 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with multiple regex and substring

Hi Experts, I have a file on which i want to print the line which should match following criterias. Line should not start with 0 or 9 and Line should start with 1 and ( 576th character should not be 1 or 2 or 576-580 postion should not be NIPPF or CDIPB or 576-581 postion should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk equivalent of regex

Hi all, Can someone tell me what's the (g)awk equal of this simple regex to find ip addresses in urls: egrep "^http://{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}(:{1,5})?/"Input: http://10.0.0.1/query.exe http://11y10x09w:80/howaboutme http://192.168.100.190:1234/takeme.gpg Output:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4v3n
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk regex- include text

Hi I am trying to filter some data using awk. I have a statement- awk 'BEGIN { FS = "\n" ; RS = "" } { if ( $6 = "City: " ) { print "City: Unknown" } else { print $6 } }'` The $6 values are City: London City: Madrid City: City: Tokyo This expression seems to catch all the lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard in regex for awk

Hello I have a file like : 20120918000001413 | 1.17.163.89 | iSelfcare | MSISDN | N 20120918000001806 | 1.33.27.100 | iSelfcare | 5564 | N .... I want to extract all lines that have on 4th field (considering "|" the separator ) something other than just digits. I want to do this using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex within IF statement in awk

Hello to all, I have: X="string 1-" Y="-string 2" Z="string 1-20-string 2"In the position of the number 20 could be different numbers, but I'm interest only when the number is 15, 20,45 or 70. I want to include an IF within an awk code with a regex in the following way. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
12 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)