Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding new columns to txt files Post 302550374 by forevertl on Thursday 25th of August 2011 01:47:15 PM
Old 08-25-2011
it works well. Thanks so much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns to excel files using Perl

How do I add 4 columns to an excel file using Perl? The 4 headers for those columns will all have different names? Please help and I greatly appreciate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing files - adding/subtracting/formating columns

I have two files: file1.txt: FS Total Used Free Used% /u01 10000 8000 2000 80% /u02 10000 8000 2000 80% /u03 10000 8000 2000 80% /u04 10000 8000 2000 80% /u05 10000 8000 2000 80% /u06 10000 8000 2000 80% /u07 10000 8000 2000 80% /u10 10000 5000 5000 50% file2.txt:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oabdalla
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk adding columns from different files

Hi, I have two files and I need to add column 3 of file1 to column 3 of file 2 > file3 I also need to repeat for column 4. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding EMPTY columns to Tab-delimited txt file

Hi I have a txt file with 4 columns where I need to add 4 empty columns in the middle meaning that I need what is currently column 4 to be column 8 in a new file. The idea is that I have to use the file as input in a program that reads the data in column 1 and 8, so the content of the other... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banni
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns of two files

Hello everyone, I have two files containing 6 columns and thousands of rows. I want to add them (i.e. first column of first file + first column of second file and so on) and print the output in a third file. Can you please help me. Thanks a lot (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandra321
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combined many txt files by columns

Hi, I want to combined 500 .txt files (each file only has one line) to a single txt file (A.txt). for example, A1.txt with 12 23 34 45 A2.txt with 56 67 78 89 ...etc, so I have A1.txt, A2.txt... , A499.txt, A500.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AMBER
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging files and adding special columns

Hi everyone, I got a problem with merging files and hoped one of you would have an idea how to approach this issue. I tried it with awk, but didn't get far. This is what I have: I got 40 files looking like the ones below. All have three columns but the number of rows differs (20000 to 50000).... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Multiple Files via Columns

I have a number of files with multiple rows that I need to add together. Let say I have 10 files: Each file has a great number of rows and columns. I need to add these files together the following way. In other words, If, for example, file A occupies Columns 1 to 19, I want to add file B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding info to end of line if two columns match from files with different separators

I have two files (csv and vcf) which look exactly like this S1.csv func,gene,start,info "exonic","AL","2309","het" "exonic","NEF","6912","hom"S1.vcf ##fileinfo #CHROM POS ID INFO chr1 4567 rs323211 1/1:84,104,99 chr4 2309 rs346742 1/1:27,213,90 chr6 5834 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarah_19
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns from 2 files with variable number of columns

I have two files, file1 and file2 who have identical number of rows and columns. However, the script is supposed to be used for for different files and I cannot know the format in advance. Also, the number of columns changes within the file, some rows have more and some less columns (they are... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maya3
13 Replies
GVMAP.SH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GVMAP.SH(1)

NAME
gvmap.sh - pipeline for running gvmap SYNOPSIS
gvmap.sh [-vV?] [ options ] [ -o outfile ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
gvmap.sh takes as input a graph in DOT format, performs a layout, runs the output through gvmap and renders the output. At some point, it is hoped to integrate all of these tasks into gvmap. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a k The integer k specifies the average number of artificial points added along the bounding box of the labels. Such artificial points are added to avoid a country boundary cutting through the boundary box of the labels. Computing time is proportional to k; hence, for large graphs, a small value of k is suggested. If k = -1, a suitable value of k is automatically selected based on the graph size. By default k = -1. -K layout specifies which program should be use for the initial layout. By default, sfdp is run. Also by default, the layout is passed the flag -Goverlap=prism. This can be overridden using a -g flag. -T format specifies the final output format. This works the same way as the -T flag for any Graphviz layout program. -N attr=val specifies the setting of a default node attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -N flag for any Graphviz layout program. -G attr=val specifies the setting of a graph attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -G flag for any Graphviz lay- out program. -E attr=val specifies the setting of a default edge attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -E flag for any Graphviz layout program. -n attr=val specifies the setting of a default node attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -N flag for any Graphviz layout program. -g attr=val specifies the setting of a graph attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -G flag for any Graphviz layout program. -e attr=val specifies the setting of a default edge attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -E flag for any Graphviz layout program. -A flag specifies a flag to be passed to gvmap. For example, gvmap.sh -Ae -As3 causes gvmap -e -s3 to be run. -v Set verbose mode. -V Print version information and exit. -? Print usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
The following invocation creates a map with edges in semi-transparent light gray and nodes laid out using sfdp: gvmap.sh -Ae -Ecolor=#55555522 -Tpng foo.gv > foo.png It is equivalent to running the pipeline sfdp -Goverlap=prism foo.gv | gvmap -e | neato -n2 -Ecolor=#55555522 -Tpng > foo.png AUTHOR
Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gvmap(1), sfdp(1), neato(1), gvpr(1) E. R. Gansner, Y. Hu, S. G. Kobourov, "GMap: Visualizing graphs and clusters as maps," Proc. Pacific Vis. 2010, pp. 201-208. 31 March 2011 GVMAP.SH(1)