Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Expansion Question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Expansion Question Post 302550345 by eawedat on Thursday 25th of August 2011 01:02:37 PM
Old 08-25-2011
thank you very much AiaSmilie
sorry for the late...
thanks danmero

---------- Post updated at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:37 AM ----------

Do Expansion work with csh? because I tried they work only with bash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

~ expansion in printf

Hi, I have a script that at one point prints to a file as follows: printf -- $2 > ~/.mydir/$1 The idea is to print to a hidden directory .mydir in my home directory. I've already sanitized the inputs and $1 is in the format path1/path2/filename and $2 is some user input. When I run this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo and expansion

Hi there, Can anyone explain me the following behavior? hfserver:~# ls -l /home/cronlogs/mysqldump* -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10658464 2009-01-18 03:00 /home/cronlogs/mysqldump_20090118030002 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10651035 2009-01-19 03:00 /home/cronlogs/mysqldump_20090119030001 -rw-r--r-- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print the expansion of the found string (the expansion is beween two delimiters '-' , '||'

Hi , could anyone help me out with this problem. sample.txt has this content : u001- this is used for project1 || u002- this is used for p2|| not to be printed u003- this is used for project3 || u004- this is used for p4 || u005- this is used for project5 || u006- this is used for p6... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji PK
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expansion within cp

I have a bunch of files which I need to transfer to another location... and some of these I need to skip. For e.g. let us say the files are: cust_abc.dat cust_xyz.dat cust_def.dat and I only want to move the first two. I want to do something like: cp cust_.dat <target> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expansion does not work

Hi, I'm trying to figure out whether some files exist. Locations of those file are stored in a plain text file called temp.txt in this way: All environment variables ($LIB_HOME and $ORACLE_HOME) have been set using export command. Then I do: while read line; do ] && echo "OK ==> $line" ||... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell expansion help

This is what I have in my directory. $ ls test1.txt test2.txt test3.txt test4.txt test5.txt test_script.sh This is what my shellscript looks like. #!/bin/bash for filename in /shell_expansion/*.txt; do for ((i=0; i<=3; i++)); do echo "$filename" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell variable expansion in awk

I want to split one file input.tab into two separate ones, odd lines to input_reads1.txt, even lines to input_reads2.txt for a serial of files with similar name pattern. Also I want to "match" input/output file names to keep consistency of file name: CSEL_02.0_input.tab CSEL_03.4_input.tab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash expansion

Hello. I cannot write a command without using eval. Any help is welcome Note 1 : What does the function SOMETHING has no importance. Note 2 : What does the command find has no importance. It is an expansion variable problem : where to put or or or anythings else What works (FILTRE_1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)						 1						SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)

ssh2_methods_negotiated - Return list of negotiated methods

SYNOPSIS
array ssh2_methods_negotiated (resource $session) DESCRIPTION
Returns list of negotiated methods. PARAMETERS
o $session - An SSH connection link identifier, obtained from a call to ssh2_connect(3). RETURN VALUES
EXAMPLES
Example #1 Determining what methods were negotiated <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); $methods = ssh2_methods_negotiated($connection); echo "Encryption keys were negotiated using: {$methods['kex']} "; echo "Server identified using an {$methods['hostkey']} with "; echo "fingerprint: " . ssh2_fingerprint($connection) . " "; echo "Client to Server packets will use methods: "; echo " Crypt: {$methods['client_to_server']['crypt']} "; echo " Comp: {$methods['client_to_server']['comp']} "; echo " MAC: {$methods['client_to_server']['mac']} "; echo "Server to Client packets will use methods: "; echo " Crypt: {$methods['server_to_client']['crypt']} "; echo " Comp: {$methods['server_to_client']['comp']} "; echo " MAC: {$methods['server_to_client']['mac']} "; ?> SEE ALSO
ssh2_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)