Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using AWK and regex
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using AWK and regex Post 302550044 by Corona688 on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 12:20:48 PM
Old 08-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashraj
...and update in another column.
You need to explain more about this. If you could show a sample of what you wanted your output to look like, that'd be good.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or regex

Hi! I want to made a program that will generate code like this: {{Navedi XYZ |avtor=XYZ1 |naslov=XYZ2 |leto_izzida=XYZ3 |zalozba=XYZ4 |kraj=XYZ5 |isbn=XYZ6 |cobiss_id=XYZ7 }} from input like this: <b> ODGOVORNOST............. : <a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smihael
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a regex with awk

I have a regexp that I wish to match against every line of a file using awk. But I do not want to substitute it or select the line. I want to pull the matched text out and put it in a different file, line by line. What is the correct awk usage to *extract* a regexp and put it in another... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enobarbus37
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK regex to find only numbers

Hi guys I need to find both negative and positive numbers from the following text file. And i also dont need 0. 0 8 -7 -2268 007 -07 -00 -0a0 0a0 -07a0 7a00 0a0 Can someone please give a regex to filter out the values in red. I tried a few things in awk but it didnt work... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridanu
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variables in regex expression ?

Hello, Could someone explain why this one returns nothing: $ x=/jon/ $ echo jon | awk -v xa=$x '$1~xa {print}' $ while the following works fine: $ x=jon $ echo jon | awk -v xa=$x '$1==xa {print}' $ jon and the following works fine: $ echo jon | awk '$1~/jon/ {print}' $ jon ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk regex problem

hi everyone suppose my input file is ABC-12345 ABCD-12345 BCD-123456 i want to search the specific pattern which looks like - in a file so i used this command cat $file | awk ' { if ($0 ~ /-/) { print } }' so it gives me the result as ABCD-12345 BCD-12345 BCD-12345 ... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
31 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with multiple regex and substring

Hi Experts, I have a file on which i want to print the line which should match following criterias. Line should not start with 0 or 9 and Line should start with 1 and ( 576th character should not be 1 or 2 or 576-580 postion should not be NIPPF or CDIPB or 576-581 postion should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk equivalent of regex

Hi all, Can someone tell me what's the (g)awk equal of this simple regex to find ip addresses in urls: egrep "^http://{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}(:{1,5})?/"Input: http://10.0.0.1/query.exe http://11y10x09w:80/howaboutme http://192.168.100.190:1234/takeme.gpg Output:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4v3n
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk regex- include text

Hi I am trying to filter some data using awk. I have a statement- awk 'BEGIN { FS = "\n" ; RS = "" } { if ( $6 = "City: " ) { print "City: Unknown" } else { print $6 } }'` The $6 values are City: London City: Madrid City: City: Tokyo This expression seems to catch all the lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard in regex for awk

Hello I have a file like : 20120918000001413 | 1.17.163.89 | iSelfcare | MSISDN | N 20120918000001806 | 1.33.27.100 | iSelfcare | 5564 | N .... I want to extract all lines that have on 4th field (considering "|" the separator ) something other than just digits. I want to do this using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex within IF statement in awk

Hello to all, I have: X="string 1-" Y="-string 2" Z="string 1-20-string 2"In the position of the number 20 could be different numbers, but I'm interest only when the number is 15, 20,45 or 70. I want to include an IF within an awk code with a regex in the following way. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
12 Replies
GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)						  [FIXME: manual]						 GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)

NAME
glSampleMaski - set the value of a sub-word of the sample mask C SPECIFICATION
void glSampleMaski(GLuint maskNumber, GLbitfield mask); PARAMETERS
maskNumber Specifies which 32-bit sub-word of the sample mask to update. mask Specifies the new value of the mask sub-word. DESCRIPTION
glSampleMaski sets one 32-bit sub-word of the multi-word sample mask, GL_SAMPLE_MASK_VALUE. maskIndex specifies which 32-bit sub-word of the sample mask to update, and mask specifies the new value to use for that sub-word. maskIndex must be less than the value of GL_MAX_SAMPLE_MASK_WORDS. Bit B of mask word M corresponds to sample 32 x M + B. NOTES
glSampleMaski is available only if the GL version is 3.2 or greater, or if the ARB_texture_multisample extension is supported. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if maskIndex is greater than or equal to the value of GL_MAX_SAMPLE_MASK_WORDS. SEE ALSO
glGenRenderbuffers(), glBindRenderbuffer(), glRenderbufferStorageMultisample(), glFramebufferRenderbuffer(), glDeleteRenderbuffers() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)